What's new

Anyone have any info on when the new Vampire Hunter D sequel will be realeased..... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up the DVD of the original and it has the trailer for the new movie, which looks awesome by the way. Just wondering if anyone knew when it will be released on DVD or theatrically.
Thanks

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Romier-
I was under the impression the NEW version
of Vampire Hunter D had runs in
New York and LA waaay back last winter.
I too am hoping for a DVD release of the new
version soon....preferably before Halloween.
Mark

Jaime m

Agent
Well at this years San Diego comic-con the company putting it out had a booth(can't remember who it was for the life of me}and they said that it would have it's theatrical run sometime between September and December.
By the way they were running a three minute trailer and a five minute trailer/montage of the footage and it looks amazing. Some really great designs and some very fluid and impressive animation.
Just as an interesting side note, the movie which they have been working on for about four years now was originally just going to be a remake and not a sequel. But a little into the production they decided to do an all new story. Not only that but this is basically an American production, While the director is Japanese as well as the animators,all the post is being done by American companies(voice acting,Soundtrack,And all the sound fx) even more interesting is that there is only an english language version, no Japanese track was ever made or will be made.
[Edited last by Jaime m on August 14, 2001 at 11:45 PM]

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
i tried to get tickets for it at the Berlin Fantasy Filmfest but it was sold out, it was being shown in English with Japanese Subs, the film listing gives this web address www.hunterd.com with preview downloads but mostly in Japanese
kd
[Edited last by Kim Donald on August 15, 2001 at 02:21 AM]

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
They just had a showing last night at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood. I can't wait for the DVD. It took me an hour and forty minuets (LA Traffic :) ) to get to the movie but it was worth the drive. It's supposed to open up in late September or so I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks