What's new

Anyone got any opinions on Wings? (1 Viewer)

jknu0526

Agent
Real Name
jason
I have never seen an episode but my addiction talks to me in my head and tells me I must buy it.

Must I?

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
One great, great sitcom, somewhat stolen by Thomas Haden as an explosively dimwitted airplane mechanic.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
While I have no plans to buy the series, we have a Christmas Episode on a Holiday DVD that my wife (surprisingly!) and I found quite entertaining; plus, while WINGS was a sitcom that I'd only watch on occasion (It probably ran opposite to a favorite!), I do remember it being a quality show!

In my own offhand way, I'm recommending this show for its quality. For feeding an entertainment "addiction", I think one could certainly do worse!

CHEERS! :)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I don't like many modern shows, but I'm glad to own this one in its entirety. The first six seasons in particular are excellent, but even the last two seasons still have some great episodes here and there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I love it when we can help other members spend their money! :D

And, of course, there's the lovely and talented Crystal Bernard.

crystal-bernard.jpg

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Don't forget the incredible Farrah Forke who played Alex Lambert starting in season 4. I hated when she and Bernard were on the screen at the same time as I could never decide which to watch. :D

tumblr_inline_n2m49uZKs51qzfjdf.jpg

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
To the OP, I'd recommend it. I don't know that I would personally buy it though. I watched it on its original run and for several years in syndication. My problem is that I've seen it so many times I know all the punch lines. I's like other shows I saw repeatedly in syndication, like Cheers, Friends, Drew Carey, etc. Still for a first timer, it's a great choice. Well written with a great cast. It was easily my favorite comedy in its day.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's an awesome show and good quality family entertainment and i recommend getting the entire series set and just sit back and relax and enjoy what comedy used to be...good at one time.

And when I got that full-series release of Barney Miller and saw it through, I felt much the same way about that. Hal Linden ran rings around many of today's comedy actors.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I remember liking the show quite a lot. Had a big crush on Tim Daly.
___

Heh! Actually, I do own the entire series. It's also a unique setting for a show. Lots of great comedy.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Favorite episodes? Here's mine - too lazy to check the DVD boxes to get the actual titles:

The one with the Trivial Pursuit game, where Lowell's answer to every question is "Ann-Margret."
The one where Joe and Brian try to one-up each other in buying a birthday present for Helen - a heartwarming resolution.
The one where Joe dates a much-younger woman (Lowell: "Joe at a Pearl Jam concert? Pearl Bailey, maybe")
The one where Joe makes a last-ditch effort to stop Helen from marrying Davis (that elevator scene!)
The one where Alex realizes every spontaneous thing that happened on her date with Brian was part of a carefully choreographed plan.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Here's my favorite episodes...

Plane Nine From Nantucket (Season 2)
Murder She Roast (Season 2)
Crate Expectations (Season 3)
Try to Remember the Night He Dismembered (Season 3)
The Bogey Men (Season 3)
Das Plane (Season 3)
What the Cabbie Saw (Season 4)
I've Got a Secret (Season 4)
Labor Pains (Season 4)
I Love Brian (Season 4)
2 Good 2 Be 4 Gotten (Season 5)
Say Uncle Carlton (Season 5)
She's Baaack (Season 6)
Death Becomes Him (Season 7)
One Flew Over the Cooper's Nest (Season 7)

Fallguy2006

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Best sitcom of the 90's along with Seinfeld. Best episodes were the ones with Lowell and his blimp , or when they sunk his boat. And the one with Carlton Blanchard taking them on their long trip. And about Farrah Forke , she had implants that ruptured and she had them removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks