What's new

Anyone familiar with this Disney set? (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
I've seen this set flooding some online shopping centers lately. Is anyone familiar with it? Does it work with Region 1 DVD players?

There's a Blu-ray version too.

I've had a seller tell me it's from Canada.

1673843014187.png

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Everything i can see about it screams major bootleg to me. Any upcoming or direct links to either the DVD or bd NOT from ebay
That's the way I am seeing it too. I was excited when I found it, but I'm afraid it's a phony.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Which is? Sorry for my disc illiteracy.

Burned BD instead of normal pressed/replicated Blu-ray disc -- I would say home-made since anyone with a PC BD Burner could do it, but most of these pirated sets are made on commercial
scale burning operations. The most common Burnable BD have a black disc surface instead of the usual silver or slightly gold color that replicated BD have.
Burned BD also often don't play in game consoles (PS3, PS4, XBox) for some reason so sometimes the Feedback or item description even goes so far as to mention that shortcoming
There are some legit burned BD releases (small labels, mostly low volume obscure titles), but I'm not aware of any legit Burned Disney discs.

Most bootleg Blu-rays are burned since there isn't a cheap way to make Pressed discs. Bootleg DVDs often are burned, but many of the Chinese pirated DVDs are actually
good quality pressed discs -- just not legal. Tons of Ebay Bootlegs of Star Wars BD Trilogy sets, almost all the big Miyazaki boxset are not bootlegs.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Someone on Facebook was promoting these for a while, some discs have 3 movies crammed into them. I don’t know how they posted it for so long without getting busted, I could make and sell a better quality set myself but I’d probably go straight to jail if I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks