What's new

Anyone else picking up Revenge of the Sith soundtrack on Tuesday? (1 Viewer)

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
I would if I could guarantee that I wouldn't get "spoiled" by looking at the track listing, a la Episode I.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think there's anything as bad as that Episode I spoiler, but you're probably better off not looking at the track listing anyway. But, you might want to go ahead and buy the soundtrack now so you can at least watch the bonus DVD.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I saw the track listing and it looked pretty safe. However there is a track called Padme's Destiny whose title is safe enough since it reveals nothing about her destiny. However I would think the music might reveal as what her destiny is especially if she dies (which is what I think will happen, I just don't think having her character die in between Ep 3 and 4 for some unexplained reason would do justice to the character). If the Ep1 track had been titled Qui-Gons Destiny I think we still would have known he was going to die. So if anyone is going to listen anyway please post as to whether it is safe to listen to the track. And please don't tell me what appears is going to happen if it is not safe!

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Rob-

Well, that's good to hear... maybe I'll go ahead and pick it up. I can live with "destiny" as a hint... just dislike when there are specific descriptions of plot points. And I'm pretty bad at guessing the content of a scene from the accompanying music. Chances are when I listen to it, I won't match up the track with the title anyway.

I actually didn't buy the Episode I soundtrack before I saw the movie. I was reading the review of the soundtrack in EW, thinking there was little harm in that. After all, they had a huge feature on the TPM in the same issue, and put a big warning before the let loose with any spoilers. So I studiously avoided reading that section, went on to the soundtrack review, and got blindsided.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Kevin Smith (yes, that Kevin Smith) already published a review of "Sith" filled with spoilers. But that's another thread.

Jud

Grip
The track titles are spoiler free, but I've heard some of the last track, and the music right before the end credits without a doubt in my mind completely gives away the very last shot of the film.

At least I think so. We'll see in a few weeks.

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Well I will be buying it first thing in the morning. I already have listened to the whole thing a couple of times (internet leak) and I'm hooked. I am a big fan of John Williams since I was a kid and attended music college partly because of him. And I would have to say it is probably some of his best work. If you even just like Star Wars music you will love this soundtrack. As well as the DVD being a must have all by itself. And if the music is any reflection of the movie I've got very high hopes for the movie.

Jud,

You are right about the last track. It is a dead give away but the title does give it away as well. But one of the great things about the credits track is that he goes back and plays music you have not heard since EPIV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks