What's new

Anyone download the Splinter Cell "coming soon" yet? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I dont' know what's wrong with my Xbox, or Live service but, I cannot download anything, apparently. MotoGP needs a new update...nope, download fails evertime. I see that the "download" bar on the Spinter Cell menu is flashing so, I log in, it shows something called "coming soon". Probably a teaser but, so what? I wanna see what's coming soon! Start download and, as always, download fail.
Anyone download it yet? I was wondering what it shows.
Oh yeah, anyone have even a clue as to why I can log onto Live no problem, play online no problem but, download NOTHING!??! :confused:

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Splinter Cells content wont be available until next year more than likey (same goes for all Live enabled content games). Go to this website to get an idea of what content downloads will becoming for the different Xbox live games:
Content Downloads
Some excerpts in case your not an insider:
Unreal Championship
DL or UL: Downloadable
Confirmed: The only thing confirmed for download at this moment are four new maps, which should be available very soon.
Possible Future Downloads: If everything goes well, you can expect more maps, skins, and maybe even new mutators.
Our Wish List: Online clans and vehicles! (Don't count on the vehicles, ever.)
Splinter Cell
Confirmed: We know for sure that there will be new missions available for download. There may also be some available through a "booster" disc, similar to the one used for Dead or Alive 3.
Possible Future Downloads: Even more missions!
Our Wish List: New weapons and goggles, and a deathmatch mode!
MechAssault
Confirmed: New levels, mechs, and playing modes. What these new modes might be is unknown, but Capture the Flag and Domination type modes are a good guess. There has also been some talk of an RTS mode(!), but whether it will happen or not is questionable.
Possible Future Downloads: See above.
Our Wish List: Combinable mechs, not unlike Voltron, and new single-player missions. We'd also really like some more customizing options (adding jets, different guns, etc..) for our mechs, and the ability to get out of our mechs and have a fist fight.
ToeJam & Earl 3: Mission to Earth
Confirmed:
Suteki - A robot-like character that has roboty sounds. It is about Latisha's size and moves like she does, but runs faster, jumps farther, takes less damage and has 8 times better luck with Risky Presents.
Earl Bot - This is a shiny Chrome Earl. He uses sounds just the same as Earl. His Funk Fu and Funkify Shots do double damage, and he runs as fast as ToeJam.
Nerdy ToeJam - This is ToeJam's Cousin. He looks like TJ but he is green and he has no hat and no medallion. He also has a bowtie and glasses. He runs a bit slower than ToeJam, but jumps far and high, and has very good luck when gambling, and he is easily forgiven for Rhythm Matching mistakes.
Funkadelic Level - This is a level with psychedelic ground, polka-dot skies, and strange alien plants and objects. Planets are in the sky, and crashed spaceships are in the ground. This level is inhabited by the most dangerous Earthlings in the game, and it also has the most valuable presents - (including Super Presents) on the ground and in the air. It is a high-risk, high reward level.
Hades Maze Level - This level has the little fire devils just like the Hell Secret Level, but it different in that is larger and is a twisting maze of suspended hell bridges surrounded by stalactites. It will have presents in the fire that players can get too, but they risk getting damaged by the fire.
Possible Future Downloads: More characters, levels, and presents.
Our Wish List: Downloadable versions of the first two games!!!
Hope that helps.
As for the Moto update issue. Reboot the Xbox. Leave it off for a minute and try again. I was getting the same failures with an "Xbox Live is not responding" error until I rebooted the machine. Tried again and it zipped right through (by the way Moto is not what needs updated, it needs to update your dashboard with some new software).
Again, hope that helps Derrick:).

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Thank Rom, I'll see if I can make it work. I even deleted all my old beta stuff, just to see if that would help.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Romier,

Isn't the first ToeJam & Earl game available somewhere within the XBox game? Thought I read that somewhere?

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Ughh, I hope they're just kidding. This is Battletech, not Voltron/Go Lion.
Agreed. I get the feeling those boneheads have no idea there's an entire universe of history already behind Battletech. They probably think it was just invented for MechAssault...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Isn't the first ToeJam & Earl game available somewhere within the XBox game? Thought I read that somewhere?
Hey Jon,
That was rumored but no one has found it. I beat the game about 2 weeks ago and I didn't open up the original or anything like that. I do agree with IGN though, it would be nice to have the first two games as downloads!
As for the Voltron comment, I agree its hokey as hell. They may however just mean more customizable mechs ala Mechwarrior 3 or 4 which allows you to choose weaponry and other features..so forth so on. If that is there intention I don't see a problem, though the Voltrol wording could have been a bit more thought out:).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks