Anybody seen the new Bose speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve T, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

2. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Probably the best looking bose speaker I have seen.But you cannot judge a book by the cover...Except when the book is titled bose..that book will be on the super saver shelf in no time
    ------------------

3. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

I wouldn't put much stock in what the reviews at Audioreview show. That site turns to spam when it comes to reviewing Bose.
    Brian
    ------------------
    Zed's Dead Baby...

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

bose bashing is typical at most of the audio sites, including this one. certainly there appear or rather are issues with their frequency response characteristics and it would behoove one to audition other speakers at their particular price point. then if you like bose, go and buy them. its your ears that count, isn't it?

5. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

Seriously people, can Bose actually make a QUALITY product worth its price tag??? HAAAAAAAAAAAA! YA RIGHT!!!
    While on my way to visit some of my friends that work at Circuit City, I saw they have some new Bose speakers in the sound room. Well first off let me tell you that these speakers are short and not just short but SHORT!!!!! They are like HALF the size of EVERY other floor speaker there! They would look incredibly riduculous next to your bigscreen tv or ANY tv for that fact. Anyways i pulled the grill apart and from the past Bose speakers being made out of Cheap paper, i thought maybe "hey they actually might have FINALLY upgraded their materials and start making the cones out of better material rather than the cheapest way to go which is paper, but low and behold these shitty ass speakers were made from paper, yes PAPER!!! Well anyways my friend turned them on with the Eagles DTS dvd playing and they sounded ok but definetly muddy and lacking major bass. Then my friend turned on the Polk rt600i's (priced the same as the Bose) and they sounded awesome! Totally opened up the soundstage and the music just came alive!!! Even my friend was telling me how horrible the bose sound. Well not like this was anything new about Bose but man do i HATE bose!!! Even while i was working at CC, The commission on the am10 and am15 boses were like $100 but i would REFUSE to reccomend them to ANYONE!!! Maybe thats why i couldn't sell shit in the audio dept. (the other associates would ALWAYS try to sell bose to customers and 8 out of 10 times they would succeed).
    [Edited last by Youssef on August 17, 2001 at 04:27 PM]