What's new

Anybody seen the new Bose speakers? (1 Viewer)

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe that Bose has tarnished the name of the 601 series speakers. Those were the only speakers Bose made that came close to being listenable (they were actually quite good back in the early 80s). Anyway, the reviews are starting to come in and they aren't looking too good.
http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/S...ct_49578.shtml
Take a look at them here:
Link Removed

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Probably the best looking bose speaker I have seen.But you cannot judge a book by the cover...Except when the book is titled bose..that book will be on the super saver shelf in no time
------------------

Brian_J

Second Unit
I wouldn't put much stock in what the reviews at Audioreview show. That site turns to spam when it comes to reviewing Bose.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
bose bashing is typical at most of the audio sites, including this one. certainly there appear or rather are issues with their frequency response characteristics and it would behoove one to audition other speakers at their particular price point. then if you like bose, go and buy them. its your ears that count, isn't it?

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
Seriously people, can Bose actually make a QUALITY product worth its price tag??? HAAAAAAAAAAAA! YA RIGHT!!!
While on my way to visit some of my friends that work at Circuit City, I saw they have some new Bose speakers in the sound room. Well first off let me tell you that these speakers are short and not just short but SHORT!!!!! They are like HALF the size of EVERY other floor speaker there! They would look incredibly riduculous next to your bigscreen tv or ANY tv for that fact. Anyways i pulled the grill apart and from the past Bose speakers being made out of Cheap paper, i thought maybe "hey they actually might have FINALLY upgraded their materials and start making the cones out of better material rather than the cheapest way to go which is paper, but low and behold these shitty ass speakers were made from paper, yes PAPER!!! Well anyways my friend turned them on with the Eagles DTS dvd playing and they sounded ok but definetly muddy and lacking major bass. Then my friend turned on the Polk rt600i's (priced the same as the Bose) and they sounded awesome! Totally opened up the soundstage and the music just came alive!!! Even my friend was telling me how horrible the bose sound. Well not like this was anything new about Bose but man do i HATE bose!!! Even while i was working at CC, The commission on the am10 and am15 boses were like $100 but i would REFUSE to reccomend them to ANYONE!!! Maybe thats why i couldn't sell shit in the audio dept. (the other associates would ALWAYS try to sell bose to customers and 8 out of 10 times they would succeed).
[Edited last by Youssef on August 17, 2001 at 04:27 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks