What's new

any Yamaha 3300 owners?few questions! (1 Viewer)

Chris Q

Agent
Real Name
Christopher
I have a question for some 3300 owners out there,does this unit have two subwoofer outs?and i have heard that the upper end of the yamaha line of recievers are not quit as bright as the lower line of yamaha,could anyone clarify this for me?and how happy are you with your purchase?i'm asking all of these questions because i keep coming back to this unit,i have heard it once before and was really satisfied with the overall sound quality.I have seen this unit for i believe it was $739.00 "new unit"on etronics.com this really seems like a good buy!So if anyone has any comments i would love to hear them!

Thanks alot,Chris

BryanM

Auditioning
Saw this in the backlog and had to answer. Yes the 3300 has two subwoofer outs. It is also NOT "bright". Don't know why this stigma is still talked about. The "brightness" ended a long time ago and doesn't apply to the 3300. This is a fabulous receiver and I don't know why it doesn't get the credit it duely deserves. I have not seen a major paperback publication that has even reviewed this great piece of machinery. It is built like a tank and is just as heavy (about 50 lbs). Just ask anyone who owns the 3300 and they will tell you how great it is (I will). It's not just a Yamaha thing. It's just barely a step below the flagship Z1 and better than the previous flagship V1. It's also got a rare attribute of being actually built in Japan. It may not have 7.1, but ya gotta think "do I actully need 7.1"? There is NO discrete 7.1 tracks even available--it will only be matrixed between the two rear centers. And I haven't seen to many threads about how great PLIIx is either (for 7.1). In the end it's up to you, but the 3300 is the rare receiver that deserves more attention than it gets. :) All IMHO of course. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks