What's new

Any Universal DVD changers with DVI/HDMI on the market? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
My Dad is looking for a Universal DVD changer with either a DVI or an HDMI connection. He really wants SACD/DVD-A and the digital video connection for his new plasma. Does anyone know if there are any on the market? I know there are single disc players fitting this description (Denon, Integra, Oknyo, maybe more), but changers, I haven't seen any.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Howard_You, this is what he is looking for. I had been reading reports on the CES but missed this one.

If anyone else knows of any current or upcoming Universal DVD changers with DVI/HDMI, please let me know. At least he will have one to choose from in the near future.

Anyone have any idea why DVI/HDMI has been added to many single disc Uni players, but not changers? Maybe it is just the order in which they are rolling out this feature, and nothing more.

Jerry

Howard_You

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry,

I think that there are just not that many universal changers out there period, so even less are going to have HDMI/DVI support. In fact I only know of four: Toshiba(SD-6915); Yamaha(C750 & C950) and Onkyo(CP802).

Howard

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
Howard,

You are definitely right about that. I will tell him to look into a single disc Uni player or continue waiting for a changer version. Thanks.

Jerry

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Very few DVD-A-SACD changers. Add HDMI{DVI is already yesterdays lastest,greatest} and shorter then a short list. Me,i wouldnt bother because my TV only has 1 HTMI and that will be for HD.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
A new yamaha,c950 i think might fit the bill. 750 and 802 do not have HDMI.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Note: The Denon 5910 costs over $3000! It damn well better be "solid." Actually it had better be a lot more.

That Yamaha 950 is insanely stacked for that kind of price. I can't see where you could go wrong. Yamaha is a really good brand. :emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Budget wasn't mentioned, and I missed the word changer.

Well, it's superb on video, upscales, HDMI etc.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Has there really been hard evidence that a changer IS inferior to a single disc?
Has anybody compared two identical players, one holding 5 discs and one holding one?
Is this the cable debate in a different form?
The question should be. "Why would we want a SINGLE disc player"? Who wouldn't wanna load up the tray and sit there and listen to more than ONE disc without getting up?

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
You know,a real audio person wouldnt be caught dead with a changer. BS as it is. No A/V difference. Its either a good changer or not.

Mac F

Agent
I just bought a Samsung 941, it isn't a changer, but does have DVD-A, SACD, HDMI/DVI and also upconverts with a Faruja (sp?) to whatever your tv is capable of. I'm using mine with the Toshiba Aquos 32"

Picture is quite good, i'm having a little trouble with the hdmi audio, which i'll describe in another section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks