What's new

Any 'THE DEAD ZONE' pilot DVD reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Any 'DEAD ZONE' pilot DVD reviews yet?This comes out Tuesday,so i'd like to know how the disc is before i pick it up.
Thanks.:)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
16x9

loud sound - so I don't have to crank it up, thank goodness.

was wondering what it was - pilot.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Believe DVD File as one up. I was'nt gonna Get this but I went ahead and Ordered it. Dead Zone was one of the Surprise Shows of Last Season, one that I Passed on watching at first but heard all te good reviews took a chance during a rerun cycle and thencaught them all, the finale was very good this year, I think I might buy a box set if for a reasonable price next spring. This and "The Shield" and "Nypd Blue" Season 1 I'm looking forward too.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I Believe DVD File as one up. I was'nt gonna Get this but I went ahead and Ordered it. Dead Zone was one of the Surprise Shows of Last Season, one that I Passed on watching at first but heard all te good reviews took a chance during a rerun cycle and thencaught them all, the finale was very good this year, I think I might buy a box set if for a reasonable price next spring.
The DVDFile review appears to be of the 1983 film. My review for the TV series pilot is done and I'm just waiting on it being posted over on the site I write for.

In short, the anamorphic widescreen transfer is pretty good. The DD 5.1 sound is about average sounding more like a 2.0 mix then anything else. The audio commentary is decent but the remainder of the extras are very promotional in nature.

As for a boxset of Season 1. I've heard that Lions Gate might release it sometime in the spring of 2003.

For now. The pilot DVD is pretty good and certaintly served as a good introduction to the series for someone like me who hasn't seen any of the show.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks