What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Captain Brodie Torrance (Gerard Butler) is navigating both holiday stress and terrible storms in an attempt to get home to his daughter in time for New Years. After his plane experiences gigantic turbulence killing a member of the flight crew and a federal agent, it is then struck by lightning causing all electronic systems to fail and potentially igniting explosive fires.  Brodie and his co-pilot Sam (Yoson An) successfully land into dense jungle in the Philippines with no additional casualties, but soon discover they are not out of danger yet.  In addition to the handful of very scared passengers on board is the dead agent’s prisoner, Gaspare (Mike Colter), who is a convicted murderer.  On ground they realize that the island they have landed on is lawless and it’s only a matter of time before local gangs take them captive for ransom, or worse. Unknown to the crew is that their airline has sent in armed mercenaries to search for and rescue them. This is necessary because the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the review. iTunes is selling the 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos digital for $9.99. I'm thinking of buying it based on your review and other people commenting about the movie.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought this was a fairly mediocre action film that looked cheaply made. I wouldn’t pay more than $4.99 for it on iTunes.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I thought this was a fairly mediocre action film that looked cheaply made. I wouldn’t pay more than $4.99 for it on iTunes.
That fair. I can see folks not liking it. As I said “Plane is a simple story with a plot that quickly marches from A to B to C to D”. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but stuff blows up good and the good guys win.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That fair. I can see folks not liking it. As I said “Plane is a simple story with a plot that quickly marches from A to B to C to D”. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but stuff blows up good and the good guys win.
It’s not that I didn’t like it. I was entertained by it. I just thought it was an average action film and nothing special. Which is perfectly fine for viewers looking for a mild diversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks