What's new

Any SVS 20-39pci owners opt for 17hz tuning? (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering how the 17hz tuning option is working. I ordered one today and am very anxious to hear it. Hopefully I won't lose much spl with the tuning. :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,

The change with this tuning will be very subtle. We very rarely get a request to tune the 20-39PCi lower, so it could be no one will respond at all. It IS a very common request (to 22Hz) for the 25-31PCi series and folks seem to love that (we still feel the stock tunes of each of our sub provide the best all around performance however).

As long as you calibrate your subwoofer levels with a SPL meter as we recommend (even more important with a sub that's got a lower than stock tuning point) I think you find the performance of this product literally spine tingling.

Drop me a line if you don't, simple.

Ron

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Quick on the draw as always Ron. How many dbl am I giving up with the 17hz tune. It won't change my mind granted but just an object of curiosity. Thanks again. I am already planning a sick day when it arrives.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, which is more potent, a 16-46PCi/16-46PCi+ or a 20-29PCi/20-39PC+ tuned to 17Hz?

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
A fellow Fort Worth member. Great question Lynn. I would suspect the 20-39 to edge the 46 out in the upper ranges but still fall a little short on the lower end. Tom V or Ron could definitely answer that one.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
A Velodyne CHT-150. Great sub. More than enough kick but I am looking to reach lower than 20hz. It is probably safe to say I am getting a little prone to upgrade-itis too. Let me know Lynn if you are looking for anything. I have tons of unused equipment I could let go for very cheap.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
"I have tons of unused equipment I could let go for very cheap."

Sounds like me. I have a 1975 (I bought it new) Phase Linear 4000 "Autocorrelation Preamplifier" sitting less than 3' from me as I type...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks