What's new

any reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Has anyone posted a review on the Yamaha 5890 amp? The "big blue box" has a 5790 marked waAay down (edit: missing the YPAO mic), and I'm wondering if there is enough upgrade in the 5890 to blow the extra cash.....

T'anks!

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Most stuff I've read (including what you'd find if you searched this forum) pretty much equates the 5790 to the RX-V1500 - you might find more reviews for that?

Also, I'd assume this was an Open Box markdown? If so, then you might want to do a search on something like "open box" at sites like TechBargains.com etc. for a BestBuy coupon for 30% off open box speakers, receivers, etc. The link should be easy to find there? Wait a sec - I must have it somewhere... try this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Never posted a link before, so good luck w/ that one...

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I keep replying to my own posts.....

I couldn't find any comparisons between the Yamaha HTR-5790 and the HTR-5890, but I did find another big price drop on the display model of the 5790, so now it is in my HT.

It beats the stuffing out of the "free" Aiwa junkpile it replaces!

Anybody know how to get a YPAO mic for it? That's the only thing I didn't get in the bargain.

--tonight is LOTR night!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I think the only real "upgrade" that the 5890 offers over the 5790 is:

- XM radio capability. Just buy a Terk antenna and an XM subscription and you are good to go.

- A few more watts of power. Actually, it appears Yammy is using a different measurement for their HTR receivers by rating them at 1 KHz vs 20 Hz - 20,000 kHz like the RX-V line does.

- A blue lit button for turning on "pure direct" mode from the front of the receiver. However, keep in mind, your sub won't work in pure direct mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks