What's new

Any Panasonic Direct TV HD Box owners? (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I am getting ready to make my first purchase in the satellite service business, and want to be able to take advantage of the HD signals that the locals are beaming out(OTA), plus anything that direct might have to offer. I will be connecting it to my Sony D50HTU front projector, and wanted to get opinions on this model. It appears to be the only one that can display 720P as well as 1080i in its native form(no upconvert). I just wanted to know if there were any complaints from owners of this unit. I know that the Sony HD box appears to be defective, since it is shifting the position of the image when compared to other boxes, plus the upconvert on it is not very good.
Ozzie

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
I have the TU-HDS20 and am very pleased with it.
It does have some fan noise and the menu speed is kind of slow, so you might want to make sure that you buy from someplace with no-hassle returns in case you find it annoying. I hear that Panasonic has put out a software update that deals with the menu speed, I don't have it because I am not using a dish.
I think the Samsung SIRT-150 stb does 720p also.

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Carl thanks for the quick response. Can you use this for OTA only without a subscription to direct?
I also understand that it does not come with a signal strength meter for alining the Dish?
Ozzie

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for the delay...
Yes, you can use it for OTA only. That's is what I am doing with it. I want at some point to send it back to Panasonic for the software update even though the menu speed doesn't bother me. I think you correct about the lack of a signal strength meter, but without a dish, I can't confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks