What's new

Onkyo TX-SR803 doesn't like DVI-to-HDMI.... (1 Viewer)

johnStich

Auditioning
Newb post...just bought the Onkyo SR803 with two HDMI inputs. My HD cable box (Motorola DCT6200) has a DVI output; tried connecting it to the receiver via DVI-to-HDMI cable. Video is not making it to the TV (Panasonic 42" plasma HD). Have gone through the owners manual procedures exhaustively and verified that the DVI output does actually work (is ok when connected directly to the TV's HDMI input).

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I would call the help line in your manual.....

I just bought a Pioneer Elite VSX 72, with similar capabilities...You may have to manually turn on every HDMI port.

Onkyo help person may be more helpful

YC

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
My understanding is that Motorola boxes are going to be hit-or-miss when running HDMI through an A/V receiver.

It's entirely likely that the Moto box thinks your Onkyo is a HDMI/DVI repeater, and thus isn't supported. There's talk on this on AVS. I've kept up with discussion on this issue with the Moto 6412 and the Denon 3806-- some are reporting success and some are reporting failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks