What's new

Any opinions or reviews on the DLP Samsung HLM617W? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
This HDTV looks like a winner. Finally a DLP tv that looks to have great performance at a reasonable and affordable price. Has anyone purchased this unit yet? Has anyone got a chance to demo a properly set up and calibrated unit yet? I have a first gen HDTV and am now in the market to upgrade. I have read that this unit uses the HD2 chip that produces a lot better blacks than previous models and that is a big plus. I have always thought that the detail and picture quality are very good on DLP sets but that they looked a little washed out. Not that this says much but Home Theater Magazine gives this set an 89 for performance. Any opinions on this would be great.

I just bought the samsung rptv hdtv wide 42" its hcm4215w and the hcm4216w and they are totally crap. The tv is good but it keeps turning off. And others are getting burning smells and then the tv stops working. Some are getting lines right up and down the middle and they are not burn ins. Im no pro at hdtv's but i can tell you that samsung sure is getting alot of returns on those models for those reasons. From what ive read on the net the power supply isnt big enough!

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Maybe I'll just wait and be content with my current hdtv, I have never had any problems with it and it is almost 3 years old. I have heard that Samsungs have reliability issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks