What's new

Any news on when ED WOOD might be coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
I think that there are contractual issues forbidding its release on DVD after it was released on DIVX. I have no idea when they would expire.

DIVX may be dead, but the contracts are still in force.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Rumor was that it was going to b e released as part of Buena Vista's Vista Series, but I haven't heard anything in awhile.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Sofar as Iknow it'll be a Vista Series release somewhere around Halloween. This information is a few months old, so I dunno if it's still valid, as Disney changes things around a lot

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Of all the Ed Wood threads, this one had my favorite title. ;)
Just noticed at IMDB that this is being released tomorrow.
Yeah, sure it is.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Ed Wood - SE will be released tomorrow with the deleted scenes. Just talked to my local dealer and he was unpacking the SE when I rang. So I can definitely confirm that this will be released, at least in Sweden, tomorrow.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
It was in the Sunday circular. Expect a recall at 11:59pm, right before 24hr stores can put them on the shelf....

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

LMAO - which is exactly why I went the E-Bay route when it was recalled earlier this year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Question....

Any differences in the content of this

legitimate release over the one that was

pulled last year?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Somebody said that the bonus feature "When Carol Met Larry" was to be left off of the new release and that the old one contained it. Luckily for those involved, the artwork for the one last year did not list it on the disc to begin with. Perhaps someone with an early copy can confirm?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
786936212501.jpg

An Abundance Of Deleted Scenes From The Film, Including Bill Murray Singing "Que Sera Sera" With A Mariachi Band In A Meat Locker!
Original Music Video Co-Directed By Tim Burton And Choreographer Toni Basil, With Music By Composer Howard Shore
Original Theatrical Trailer (English-Texted Only)
"Let's Shoot This F#*%@r!" -- Join Star Johnny Depp And director Tim Burton As A Fly-On-The-Wall And Go Behind-The-Scenes For The Making Of This Quirky Masterpiece.
"The Theremin" -- Discover How This Odd Instrument Was Used To Create The Film's Distinctive Score.
"Making Bela" -- In ED WOOD, Martin Landau Not Only Looked Like Bela Lugosi, But He Virtually Became The Famous Actor, A Role For Which He Won An Oscar®. See How He Made This Amazing Transformation, Along With Help From Make-Up Master Rick Baker.
"When Carol Met Larry" -- Ed Wood Wasn't The World's First Cross-Dresser, And He Certainly Wouldn't Be The Last. In This Featurette, Meet Some Real-Life Cross-Dressers, And Hear Their Take On The Infamous Filmmaker.
"Pie Plates Over Hollywood" -- Production Designer Tom Duffield Shares His Insights On Realizing The Offbeat And Stunning Visual World Of ED WOOD.
Audio Commentary -- Watch The Film As You Hear Recollections From Director Tim Burton, Actor Martin Landau, Writers Scott Alexander & Larry Karazewski, Costume Designer Colleen Atwood, And Cinematographer Stefan Czapsky
Axelmusic has already shipped some orders for this DVD so the risk for a recall is rather slim.
http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/786936212501

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
I received my review copy last friday, and I didn't receive one when they were going to release it last time. So it should be on the shelves tomorrow.

As for the disc itself, it does not contain the When Carol Met Larry featurette. It does have the Making Bela, Let's shoot this F*&%@#, and Theremin featurettes in addition to an audio commentary, deleted scenes (including Que Sera Sera), and the theatrical trailer.

E

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc

Does it still contain the 6th deleted scene (the one bad-mouthing Universal) as an easter egg? What does the second extras menu page look like now that they removed the When Carol Met Larry featurette? What's the UPC code now - I assume it's the same.

Thanks for any info you can supply!

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

The second menu screen is a tombstone with the features listed on it.

As for the hidden deleted scene and the UPC, I'll have to check when I get home, but I'll be sure to post with what I find tomorrow.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I just got my screener copy (not much lead time there...hugh). I'll try to compare to the previous DVD tonight and revive my review of the former disc and update accordingly...
As for the disc itself, it does not contain the When Carol Met Larry featurette. It does have the Making Bela, Let's shoot this F*&%@#, and Theremin featurettes in addition to an audio commentary, deleted scenes (including Que Sera Sera), and the theatrical trailer.
In my review of the last disc...I hypothosized that this would be the feature that gets cut...it was rather controversial...and somewhat provocative a feature...for a BV title... (really liked it though, and am sad to see it go).
-dave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks