What's new

Any news on when ED WOOD might be coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
It was pretty out-there really. They had this whole interview with a crossing-dresser and his wife...and talked about crossdressing/transvestism (is that a word?). The whole time I was watching it...I kept thinking "I can't believe Disney had the guts to put a feature like this on their DVD". Looks like they didn't!

-dave

p.s. you'll see that feature in the review posted of the pulled version when I get it resurrected/reposted.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Oh...let's start up conversation and revive that old thread if possible (I think it's still accepting posts...)
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...03#post2132384
I'll update that review tonight with the new information. Any of you with insights as to the changes made between the recalled version and this new disc please enlighten me as well so I don't miss anything...
-dave :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I got my copy today, and the hidden deleted scene is still there in all its glory: Highlight the "Que Sera Sera" deleted scene, press right twice. Some lightning gets highlighted. Press enter.

Chris

Scott*E

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my copy and the "Set Up" and "Scene Selection" menus have glitches. The little ufo icons show up but the graphic behind them don't unless you blindly select something first or let the animated menu run.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,

The UPC on mine is the same as the picture in Peter's post.

Hope that helps,

E

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
there has been a resurrection of talk about ed wood over at dvdtalk because some of the recalled discs may be popping up on shelves at best buy and borders.

there seems to be 2 different spine colors.

origional was grey and the new is black.

i have seen both on a shelf today.

i have the origional with the grey spine and it includes the

"missing" When Carol Met Larry feature that was never listed on the cover of any version.

i quoted "missing" because someone at dvdtalk claims to have found CML as a vob file on the new black spine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andicus

Something is different, since my copy (with the black spine) does NOT have "When Carol met Larry," but does have the other featurette "Let's Shoot This F#*%@r!," that wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread.

I just did some exploring, however, and found that although the "When Carol Met Larry" featurette is not listed on the box, and is not available from the special features menu, it is still on the disc as VTS_12_1.VOB. So it looks like they just modified the cover and the menu to 'remove' the featurette.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
"When Carol Met Larry" isn't listed on the back of the original grey-spine release. It's on there, though, along with "Let's Shoot This Fucker". It comes down to this: Grey spine has everything, black spine is missing "When Carol Met Larry" featurett (or easy access to it, at least). It doesn't surprise me that the older grey-spined release is available in stores. I saw it on the shelf at an FYE before the official re-release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks