What's new

Any news on Serpico? (1 Viewer)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
A while back I saw this listed as scheduled for May. But I haven't heard any other news recently or seen it listed anywhere.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking that this was mentioned as delayed until the fall, wasn't it? Originally it was supposed to be out when Atlantic City hit, and that's 5/14. :confused:
Hmmm, just popped over to The Bits and checked The Rumor Mill there. On the archived posts, I found this:
Planned for some time in the first half of the year are The Bad News Bears, Lady Sings the Blues, The Duellists, Sunset Boulevard, Top Secret, Better Off Dead, Serpico, Sabrina, Mahogany and a Fatal Attraction: Special Edition.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Everything on that list Ron once posted was tentative. Some of the Western titles have been delayed due to restoration problems and two much-anticipated titles (well, by me at least), "Don't Look Now" and "The Tenant" disappeared off the May list as well and may show up later in the year, probably October for Halloween.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Mark...it WAS on that list, wasn't it?
But I'm thinking that there was a note somewhere ELSE...around here, maybe, or perhaps I saw it on another DVD site. But it said that this title had been scheduled to come out mid-May, but had gotten delayed until fall.
Hmmm...Doing an HTF search on the word "Serpico" reveals a number of threads, quite a few of which have 40 or more posts to them. I don't have the time to sort through them right now; it will make me late for work. So the mystery will have to wait! :)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Back when DVDs started coming out, this was part of my Holy Four of 70's Paramount films that I was hoping would come out as I did not own them on Laser. The other three, The Conversation, The Parallax View & Nashville have come out already. I'm dying in anticipation for this DVD. Well, I've waited 15 years, I guess I can wait a little longer.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Doing an HTF search on the word "Serpico" reveals a number of threads, quite a few of which have 40 or more posts to them. I don't have the time to sort through them right now; it will make me late for work. So the mystery will have to wait!
I tried that, but all of the mentions of it were either on a 'which movies would you want on DVD' type of thread, or on the list of DVD's scheduled for 2002.

I assume it must have changed (from May) since I would expect to see it listed for pre-order if it were still on schedule. But I haven't seen any change announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks