What's new

Any IB near Vero Beach, FL? (1 Viewer)

Tim Bargar

Agent
Does anybody that lives near Vero Beach, FL have an IB setup they'd be willing to demo? I'm considering building one into my HT, which I've yet to start building, and would like to hear one.

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
I have an IB and I'm a little over an hour and a half from Vero.

Its an atic mounted pair of Dayton 15" driven by a PE 250w plate amp.

If you feel like taking a drive to the middle of the state I'd be happy to give you a listen.

Be warned... I'm still in the process of dialing in my BFD so the response curve is still a bit ragged.

Even without the BFD it sounds pretty good though.

Jeff

Tim Bargar

Agent
Thanks Jeff! I would like to hear the IB whether equalized or not. Where in central FL are you located?

Are those the MKIII's? Those were one of the drivers I'm considering along with the tempest, tumult, and dayton IB.

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
About 6 miles south of Lake Wales. Not far from Hwy 60.

No... Not the MKIII's since it was an experiment I was working within a pretty tight budget. The drivers are their #295-455

I figured that if I liked it I could always put better drivers in (Tempests or even MKIII's) but in the end I haven't found any reason to upgrade.

Tim Bargar

Agent
Jeff,

I sent you an email. PE #245-455 is the dayton IB sub.

Cacu,

How difficult is it to make the Eros? I was considering making a set of them for a HT.

Tim

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,
It's not too bad if you don't make as many dumb mistakes as I did. The key is having the tools and the pieces cut out the the exact dimensions.

The problem I have with the Eros and HT is I can't seem to find any good info on making a matching Center channel.

So I'm now thinking of making the Hi-Vi m8n MTM design that ThomasW did. He even has the Center and the bookshelf for the rear too. That will be my next DIY project, the complete 5 speaker set. I really like the look of those Hi-Vi m8n Woofer. It looks so cool.

Linky to the thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=183426

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks