What's new

Any good recipes for Catfish or Trout? (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

Going fishing this weekend and have the highest probability of catching either trout or catish.

Anyone have any tastie recipes for them?

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
When cleaning a Catfish, make sure you remove ALL of the grey and off-white meat. Only keep the white meat. This will make them tast SO much better! I agree with Philip that a grilled cajun catfish is really hard to beat!

DennisHP

Second Unit
Catfish; rinse in cold water and roll the fillets in a half an half mix of flour and cornmeal and fry until golden brown in enough oil to come up halfway on the fillets. Season with cajun salt as soon as you remove from pan. Splash on some malt vinegar for added zest. Mmmmmm...

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Trout: Remove head. Remove entrails. Place in skillet. Add olive oil. Add lemon/lime juice. Add salt/pepper. Eat.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Trout: remove entrails, leave on head and skin. Fill cavity with onions or other veggies. Grill on barbeque. Serve with head on.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
For fillets at home, i marinade in Lemon-Pepper marinade and coat with a Cajun breading.

For fillets outdoors, i brush a light coat of mustard and roll in corn meal, mmmm, mmmm!

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
No, but my dad has a recipe for Carp.
1)Lay out some bricks and start the coals on the bricks.
2)Season Carp as desired,
3)Let Carp stay on the coals for about 1/2 hour.
4)Once the carp is cooked, throw away the carp, eat the bricks.
;)

James L White

Supporting Actor
well you see here, ya throw that sucka on this here cuttin' board chop its ole head off then cut them tails off roll 'er round in some flower and drop 'er in some hot oil (or as I used to say it when I was much younger oi-al)Ok I'll stop talking like an idiot now :D

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yep, this is the Rocky Mountain way! Oh and throw in some garlic too. Also this works ok in an oven also, but BBQ is divine!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks