What's new

Any DECENT apps to convert RA to WAV? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
So I have Wiscroft RA converter, only it crashes flat out on any of the stereo RA files I have... so if my library of 225 files I have to convert, it can handle about half. I've tried it on 7 computers on 98, XP and 2000- always crashes on the same files.

I downloaded dBPowerAmp Music Converter, which has a codec to read RA (if you find an old Realplayer 8 installer). So, I installed, got the RA codec, installed RA 8 and ran it. Well, it says it will convert only in real time (pain in the ass) and the status meter will stay at 0% until it's done. I've tried a couple different files, which at 1 hour each, and even after 1 hour of "encoding" it still sits at 0%.

I know there are some apps that will play the file and record from the other application-- but I'm just looking to convert the damn files I have here on my drive. Is there a product from Real that can do this? Anything? Anywhere?

-Vince

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Vince,

You could use Total Recorder from High Criteria.

Basically, it works as a virtual sound card driver which digitizes any analog sound which is passed through it. You can make a digital recording of whatever is passing through your sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks