What's new

Any cheap VCRs ($150 or less) with delayed one-touch recording? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My dad's Magnavox VCR from 1987 finally screwed the pooch last night, so he is in need of an inexpensive replacement. He would like to keep the price below $150, which should not be too difficult nowadays. However, he wants a VCR that offers delayed one-touch recording. Many VCRs only offer instantaneous one-touch recording, meaning that the VCR starts recording once you push the button. The old Magnavox had the delayed one-touch recording feature, and it would be great if some manufacturer still offers it. I went with my dad to Circuit City to look at VCRs today, and they had no owner's manuals for the floor models to allow us to look at features in detail. :angry: Thanks in advance.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I have Sony's model ***71 VCR, which has a quick set dial located on the front of the machine. One push sets time, another sets day, and another sets channel. It's come in very handy several times because it doesn't require the OSD. Very simple and easy to use, even the wife likes it!

This model goes for $129 just about anywhere you look.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, if memory serves, the complete model number for your VCR is SLV-N71 (or something close). Anyway, I believe I know which model you are talking about. The 'N71 is black, and for $150, Sony makes the 'N81, which is silver and has a few extra features, I guess. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the 'N71.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks