What's new

Any chance of The Garbage Pail Kids Movie Special Edition ever? (1 Viewer)

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
My second favorite movie based on a Topps trading card series ever made!!!

Paramount had the VHS and laserdisc rights, do they still?

I see the bootleg DVD's on ebay and they sell. There is a demand for this. If Strawberry Shortcake can get DVD release's than why not this?

The long awaited 16th series of trading cards from Topps is premeiring soon, so the time is right.

Anchor Bay would do a bang up job on this. Mackenzie Astin commentary!!! A special limited edition tin that looks like one of the trading cards!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
GARBAGE PAIL KIDS belongs to MGM now (Atlantic->Island->Polygram->MGM chain), and while I don't think a full-blown special edition would be likely, I think there's a decent chance that they would indeed release this in some fashion on DVD.

Britton

Screenwriter
There was a Garage Pail Kids movie?!!! How the heck did I not know about this? I loved those cards as a wee lad.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I have watched this film plenty of times and would buy the DVD on the release date. I'm glad to hear that MGM owns it. If it was Warner, Universal or Paramount, you could just as well forget about seeing it for another 5-10 years. I just hope that MGM doesn't release this MAR.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
The garbage pail kids are "released" from their trashcan where they were being held in an antique shop. They are then captured and locked up in the state home for the ugly for being "too gross" along with Santa Claus for being too fat and Gandhi for some other crime. It's up to their friend and a bunch of gay bikers to break them out.

That about sums it up. Possibly the worst movie ever made.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
MGM will have this in every Wal Mart in the country. Excellent!

I know the film was bashed for it's gross out humor, but it would fit in much better today, since that's the norm now.

I'll admit I've never seen the film, since it never got much play, but I always thought the "kids" looked great in the stills and you can really see them as the precursors of the screen Ninja Turtles.

A really bizarre movie which was so unique because it was made in the 80's. Today they would be CG ofcourse, and look like everything else from the past ten years.

After reading the review, I can see it's really a serious "evil fascist government" science fiction story about intolerance and prejudice.

GPK's are one of the last, great untapped, children's properties of the 1980s.

Joe:C

Second Unit
From Dvdanswers.com

"MGM Home Entertainment has announced the release of The Garbage Pail Kids Movie for the 12th of July. The disc will feature an anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) transfer, Dolby Digital Mono audio, and a theatrical trailer. You can expect the disc to retail for around $14.95 when it hits stores, and we hope to be able to bring you the high resolution artwork shortly."

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks