1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We will be interviewing Criterion soon. Click here for details on how you can submit a question for us to ask.
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance of a Back to the Future single release ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sven Lorenz, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz Supporting Actor

In Australia they released the first Back to the Future movie on it's own a couple of months after the boxset release.
    Does anybody have any info about whether the same is planned in the U.S. ?
    I haven't bought the box because I refuse to pay for two movies that I really don't want to have.

2. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

In fact, in all of the world apart from R1 they releases a single Back to the Future release.

3. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

I don't think it could hurt at this point. It would have been different if they sold them all separately to start, as 2 and 3 would likely have sold far less than 1. (Personally I like 2 and 3 almost as much as 1).

Same thing with the Godfather trilogy. If they sold them all separately to start, there would have been stacks of Part 3 left at stores. But now that the set has sold a lot in the past 18 months, I don't think it would hurt Paramount to sell them separately for those who may only want Part 1 or 2.

4. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I think it will happen one day. But, not until they make as much money they can from the box set. (This goes for BTTF and Godfather.)

Just taking a guess, I could see each BTTF movie sell for $14.99 each or something --- Godfather around $19.99 or so.

6. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

You could always buy a previously viewed DVD. The local Hastings is selling each movie separately. The problem is, I bet you could buy the boxset brand new for a lower price than what they're selling them separately for.