What's new

Any Chance for a Vol 2 of "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman"? (1 Viewer)

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
I just finished watching Volume 1 and throughly enjoyed it. Is there any news of a possible Volume 2? It's been just over a year since the Volume 1 release.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe. But there is no way on Earth that Sony will release the whole series.
I returned my set when I found out it was edited.

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis

I can understand your being upset the edits. I'm happy to focus on what's on the DVDs, and am similarly okay with a partial release--I might die before I got around to watching all the episodes anyway! :)

Anybody else hoping for a Volume 2?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
it's Sony, nuff said. The company that will make the fans wait 4-5 years between sets. Even if they do finish Mary Hartman, our great-grandchildren would be dead by the time the last episodes are released.

tgarrow

Auditioning
Real Name
tiarra
I would love if they came out with mary hartman volume 2. Iv'e been looking for it everywhere.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
The only chance is if Sony sells the video rights to another studio. This recently happened when Universal sold "Thriller" to Image Entertainment. I would really love to see the Martin Mull episodes. I think they were the most realistic dipiction of a Wife/Child abuser that I have ever seen. The way his character acted like he was the victim and his Wife and kid were the ones with the problem is so common with those types.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Originally Posted by chas speed

The only chance is if Sony sells the video rights to another studio. This recently happened when Universal sold "Thriller" to Image Entertainment. I would really love to see the Martin Mull episodes. I think they were the most realistic dipiction of a Wife/Child abuser that I have ever seen. The way his character acted like he was the victim and his Wife and kid were the ones with the problem is so common with those types.
Yes I do remember those eps and would like to see them again, Mull did such a good job he was asked back as the brother of Wife Beater Garth Gimble, Barth for Fernwood Tonight. If nothing else why isn't this series showing somewhere. Why isn't there a good Nostalgia Channel anymore.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This should have been a Shout! Factory release, although I don't know whether they will see "Peyton Place", another serial, through to completion either.

I hope they get Fernwood 2Night and America 2Night, too. That show should has a god-given right to be on DVD.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
It's too bad there aren't anymore nostalgia channels (TV land is now a bad joke). In the the 90's when it debuted it was the best channel around. They showed Bilko, Mr. Ed, Green Acres, The Westerner, Honey West etc.. all uncut. Now they seem to show Three's Company plus a few reality shows 24 hours a day. We get 67 Home Shopping Network channels on DirecTV, but very little classic television.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Sony won't finish shows like All in the Family and The Jeffersons. There's no way in the world they'll ever do more Mary Hartman Mary Hartman.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks