What's new

Any "Captain Ron" DVD reviews? (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Ordered my copy the other day along with "Near Dark". What an odd combo eh? Hopefully they'll ship soon.

Chris M

Second Unit
Got this yesterday at Walmart for $8.88(CDN)... great price for a cute comedy movie! Couldn't resist. Cabin Boy was there too... but definately not my type of show, other than hearing him in Duckman.. I'm not a big Chris Elliot fan :)
Chris
PS.. PARAMOUNT GET ON DUCKMAN SERIES! :D

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
You don't get all of the frame, but you do get all of the intended aspect ratio.

Captain Ron is 1.85:1, so it's matted from 1.33:1 to 1.85:1.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Okay, thanks! I ordered my DVD! Can't wait to see this movie in widescreen and in english. Only saw the crappy VHS French dubbed version!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You're in for a treat. I can't imagine seeing this dubbed into anything. The movie's charm is in it's brilliant one-liners; most of which I don't doubt lose their effect in translation.

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Well I live in Quebec (And I speak French), before the DVD, all the movies was only available in French in the video store. Purchase English titles was rare and expensive. I just have some VHS in English... Now, with DVD, I'm so happy to hear my favorites movies in their original language!
Captain Ron is very good/funny in French, but I'm sure the movie is better in English! :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
French Version:
Captain Ron: "Et n'allez pas trop loin: il y a des Guérillas... c'est dangereux "
Martin: "Des Gorilles assez dangereux?!"
Exact Translation from French:
Captain Ron: "And do not go too far: there are Guerrillas... it's dangerous"
Martin: "Rather dangerous Gorillas?!"
The phonetic is very similar:
- Guérill - "as c'est" - dangereux [Gaireeya - say - dengereuh]
- Gorilles - assez - dangereux [Goreeya - say - dengereuh]

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Okay, I Received and watched my DVD of "Captain Ron" today! Awesome! The picture is clear and the sounds (2.0) is very Good. The colors are amazing! This movie is really better in widescreen! :emoji_thumbsup:
You don't have any extra, but my appreciation is 9/10! Excellent DVD for $7,19 CAN! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks