1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any British Dreamcast owners kind enough to sell/give away DC RGB/Scart cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Jun 24, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    ??? Im planning to build a VGA box that works with imports, but then over here in canada, the Svideo cables and Composite cables' dreamcast connectors dont have all the connections needed to use a VGA Box... The SCART cable for the DC does have all the necessary ones...
    I dont care if its broken or what, as long as the end that goes into the dreamcast isn't damaged, its okay... i dont care about anything else, just the connector that hooks up to the DC...
    I need one very bad, and cannot find a used one anywhere around here... I dont wanna pay $15 for a SCART cable either unless i absolutely have to...
    I'll pay shipping and other fees... Please?!

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

It may not be an ideal solution, but if you can't get anyone to send you a second-hand one, would this UK VGA adaptor do the trick instead?
    ------------------
    "I'm a reasonable man, get off my case" - Thom Yorke

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I think I have mine (scart lead)! I dropped it to go with using s-video. Let me try and hunt out the scart lead for you today.
    Dan (uk)
    ------------------
    Visit: DVD in Detail
    Latest Reviews: Dogma SE & Unbreakable

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    $20 for a SCART CABLE?! I found it at LikSang for like 10 without shipping... Shoot, i dont have a credit card to pay for it either... Oh man... hope somebody can send me one.... All i have are personal checks and cash...

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You're lucky they have it. You have to remember that hardly anyone in the US has a SCART TV, and that they probably sell about 2 of these a year. Plus the UK is expensive to begin with, import fees and shipping and there you go
    Jeff Kleist

7. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Dan,
    Why would you drop SCART RGB to go with S-Video? Because of not wanting to switch cables behind your TV (DVD DC)?
    Just curious...
    -Christian

8. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Chrisitan, that's exactly it. Lazy I know, but it's tiresome to reach round the back of the old Sony WEGA all the time, s-video in the front was so much easier.
    The 3 Scarts round the back of my TV, I have RGB coming from the DVD, s-video to scart coming out of my Tag Mclaren processor, and scart connection from the VCR.
    Anyhoo, Nick, I can't locate my old DC scart cable. [​IMG] I will continue to look, I know it wasnt thrown out!
    Dan (UK)
    ------------------
    Visit: DVD in Detail
    Latest Reviews: Dogma SE & Unbreakable

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Actually, I'll have a look around my pile of cables, I /may/ have brought a DC SCART cable over with me when I moved to the UK. Doubt it though.
    ------------------
    Nothing In Particular