What's new

Any British Dreamcast owners kind enough to sell/give away DC RGB/Scart cable? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
??? Im planning to build a VGA box that works with imports, but then over here in canada, the Svideo cables and Composite cables' dreamcast connectors dont have all the connections needed to use a VGA Box... The SCART cable for the DC does have all the necessary ones...
I dont care if its broken or what, as long as the end that goes into the dreamcast isn't damaged, its okay... i dont care about anything else, just the connector that hooks up to the DC...
I need one very bad, and cannot find a used one anywhere around here... I dont wanna pay $15 for a SCART cable either unless i absolutely have to...
I'll pay shipping and other fees... Please?!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
It may not be an ideal solution, but if you can't get anyone to send you a second-hand one, would this UK VGA adaptor do the trick instead?
------------------
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case" - Thom Yorke

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I think I have mine (scart lead)! I dropped it to go with using s-video. Let me try and hunt out the scart lead for you today.
Dan (uk)
------------------
Visit: Link Removed
Latest Reviews: Dogma SE & Unbreakable

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
$20 for a SCART CABLE?! I found it at LikSang for like 10 without shipping... Shoot, i dont have a credit card to pay for it either... Oh man... hope somebody can send me one.... All i have are personal checks and cash...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You're lucky they have it. You have to remember that hardly anyone in the US has a SCART TV, and that they probably sell about 2 of these a year. Plus the UK is expensive to begin with, import fees and shipping and there you go
Jeff Kleist

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Dan,
Why would you drop SCART RGB to go with S-Video? Because of not wanting to switch cables behind your TV (DVD DC)?
Just curious...
-Christian

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Chrisitan, that's exactly it. Lazy I know, but it's tiresome to reach round the back of the old Sony WEGA all the time, s-video in the front was so much easier.
The 3 Scarts round the back of my TV, I have RGB coming from the DVD, s-video to scart coming out of my Tag Mclaren processor, and scart connection from the VCR.
Anyhoo, Nick, I can't locate my old DC scart cable.
frown.gif
I will continue to look, I know it wasnt thrown out!
Dan (UK)
------------------
Visit: Link Removed
Latest Reviews: Dogma SE & Unbreakable

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'll have a look around my pile of cables, I /may/ have brought a DC SCART cable over with me when I moved to the UK. Doubt it though.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks