What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Any advance reviews for Dragonslayer? (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Release is just three agonizing weeks away. Wondered if any reviews of the disc have appeared.

I have some friends my age (mid30s) who have never seen the movie. Of course we're having a screening party the weekend after it's released!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Release is just three agonizing weeks away. Wondered if any reviews of the disc have appeared.
It's a Paramount title, and they don't allow reviews to be posted any earlier than a week and a half pre-street. As such, don't expect any reviews until 10/11 at the earliest...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking this up as well... my wife doesn't believe that Peter MacNicol of "Ally McBeal" fame ever did a fantasy movie.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I saw it yesterday along with the Indy set but didn't get it. How is the movie? Is it good?

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
If other reviewers had my experience, Paramount's screeners were all delayed in the last week due to Indiana Jones. I have received Dragonslayer, and I've watched it. Since I put about 11 hours in on Indy yesterday, I'm taking the night off. I'll be posting a review tomorrow.

In brief: great movie, decent transfer, bare-bones release.

Look for a review here, late tomorrow.

-Scott

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ya know for the price point that Paramount is releasing this title, like Scrooge before it, I am buying three copies, so myself and my newphews have a decent Dragon film on DVD. (Sorry but Vermitrax Pejorative kicks the ass, design-wise, of any other dragon I've seen on a live action film.), and the film is actually a good one, which for a "dragon film," those seem to be in short supply, too.
:)

Mark

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember watching a double feature of raiders of the lost ark & dragonslayer together at a local theatre when I was a kid.

JACOB

Eric F

Screenwriter
Apparently it's a decent transfer. I'm a bit dissapointed they didn't do some extras- I know there is at least one "making of" around since the FX were so elaborate for the time.

Ah well, glad that we finally have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks