What's new

Any admins here use IMAIL on their servers and know their way around it? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to setup some domain processing rules, but the online documentation is obtuse to say the least...

Anyone use this?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Vince -

We've still got a lot of CoLo boxes that use Imail. What are you looking to do?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I get a lot of junk mail that is using a non-english character set. So, as a reult, many messages have sybols like Yen, copyright, ae, etc- in the subject or body- that normal email doesn't have.

I want to setup a filter that says if they have 3 of more of a set of characters, to trash is (I figure having one or two is a good tolerance for possible english email slips).

But I can't even figure out how to do a "and" set-- i can make a filter that says "this, this OR that" then filter- but cannot do a "if it has all 3" or even better "if it has any 3 of these 10."

Is this possible??

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Vince, it's a lot easier to create seperate filters that detect character sets.

Example:

?GB2312 = a character set
=?big5? = a character set

If you create filters that look for these in any header (they must exist before some of those symbols are possible) and tell it "reject" walla, it will reject that kind of mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks