Anthem AVM20 display brightness settings??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimmyK, Mar 20, 2003.

1. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim
    I see that the Anthem AVM20 has 3 different settings (HI, MED, LOW) for the display brightness and that there is some adjustment available in each setting.

I don't understand why there are 3 settings or how they work. Reading the manual didn't help.

I also set it to go "1 up" in level when making adjustments, but it doesn't seem to be working. The brightness of the display doesn't change when I do something on the remote or front panel. Also, which of the three level settings am I looking at when looking at the display?

I hope this note is not too confusing. Since I don't quite understand how the display settings work, I'm not sure how to ask the question.

If anyone could provide a more detailed explaination of what exactly all these display brightness settings do and how to go about adjusting them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JimmyK

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Jimmy,

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Second Unit

Jim

4. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Jimmy,

Your understanding of the AVM-20's front panel display brightness is correct. I actually owned the AVM-20 for quite some time (10 months?) before someone else mentioned this feature on the "AVM-20 v2.0" thread. I personally like the display on MED (but low, like '7') and I set the front panel wake-up option to "None". It is a pretty flexible option.

As far as the antenna I am using (or should say was!), it was like the Magnum antenna I linked to on the other thread. It was already attached to the side of the house (outside) when we moved in. Unfortunately, the antenna broke during a high-wind storm we had this winter, so I am without an external antenna. I haven't turned on the FM radio since the antenna broke, so my need for FM radio is quite low.

Michael