What's new

Anthem AVM20 display brightness settings?? (1 Viewer)

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I see that the Anthem AVM20 has 3 different settings (HI, MED, LOW) for the display brightness and that there is some adjustment available in each setting.

I don't understand why there are 3 settings or how they work. Reading the manual didn't help.

I also set it to go "1 up" in level when making adjustments, but it doesn't seem to be working. The brightness of the display doesn't change when I do something on the remote or front panel. Also, which of the three level settings am I looking at when looking at the display?

I hope this note is not too confusing. Since I don't quite understand how the display settings work, I'm not sure how to ask the question.

If anyone could provide a more detailed explaination of what exactly all these display brightness settings do and how to go about adjusting them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JimmyK

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Jimmy,

I also set it to go "1 up" in level when making adjustments, but it doesn't seem to be working. The brightness of the display doesn't change when I do something on the remote or front panel.
If the brightness level is set to HI, then the "1 up" does nothing because there isn't a "higher" setting. If your brightness level is set to MED, then the "1 up" would change the display to HI when making changes on the AVM-20.

Michael

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
You can set the front panel display to one of four settings: HI, MED, LOW and OFF. You can select a different brightness level from the front panel or the remote ("DISPLAY" button).
So by using the "display" button I can choose whether I want the display to default to HI, MED, LOW, or OFF?

So let me see if I got this right.........

If I go into the setup menu, I can define the brightness of HI, MED, and LOW. Then, by selecting the "display" button, I can tell it which level to default to HI, MED, LOW, or OFF as defined by the settings I chose in the setup menu. Then, if I've chosen "up 1" in the setup menu, when I use the remote or the front panel, the display will brighten up to the next level if there is a level higher.

Have I got it right?

Thanks Michael

JimmyK

PS- I posted a question to you in another thread that I guess you haven't gone back to. I was wondering how you had your "whip antenna" installed (inside? outside? how high? etc.) and if it made a big improvement over the "T" shape antenna that comes with the Anthem.

Thanks again!

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Jimmy,

Your understanding of the AVM-20's front panel display brightness is correct. I actually owned the AVM-20 for quite some time (10 months?) before someone else mentioned this feature on the "AVM-20 v2.0" thread. I personally like the display on MED (but low, like '7') and I set the front panel wake-up option to "None". It is a pretty flexible option.

As far as the antenna I am using (or should say was!), it was like the Magnum antenna I linked to on the other thread. It was already attached to the side of the house (outside) when we moved in. Unfortunately, the antenna broke during a high-wind storm we had this winter, so I am without an external antenna. I haven't turned on the FM radio since the antenna broke, so my need for FM radio is quite low.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks