What's new

Anthem AVM2 vs B&K Ref30 (1 Viewer)

Ricky Nu

Auditioning
Every dealer I talk to indicates that the Ref30 is a better unit overall in terms of performance. Does anyone have experience to confirm this? Or are the dealer selling the unit that has the higher profit margin (I am always suspicious of a conspiracy)?

I personally like the looks of the AVM2 better, and I can probably get one for $400 less than the Ref 30. How does the 2 channel sound compare between the two?

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Ricky,

Go over to HTT or AVS and post this question over there. You might address it to Burke Strickland or drop his name in the subject header. He home auditioned the Anthem with 2ch performance in mind and his comments may be of help. I have not listened to the AVM2 but do own a Ref30 and find its 2ch performance to be a little better than my previous pre/pro.

Jason

Jason Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yea, I forgot HT Guide. Burke is the Mod for the Integra forum. (If you have trouble finding him in the B&K forum:))And just so you know Andrew, I hold you just as responsible for my slide to Magnepan addiction as I do Burke!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks