Anthem AVM2 vs B&K Ref30

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky Nu, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Ricky Nu

Ricky Nu Auditioning

Every dealer I talk to indicates that the Ref30 is a better unit overall in terms of performance. Does anyone have experience to confirm this? Or are the dealer selling the unit that has the higher profit margin (I am always suspicious of a conspiracy)?

I personally like the looks of the AVM2 better, and I can probably get one for $400 less than the Ref 30. How does the 2 channel sound compare between the two?

2. Jason Watson

Jason Watson Stunt Coordinator

Ricky,

Go over to HTT or AVS and post this question over there. You might address it to Burke Strickland or drop his name in the subject header. He home auditioned the Anthem with 2ch performance in mind and his comments may be of help. I have not listened to the AVM2 but do own a Ref30 and find its 2ch performance to be a little better than my previous pre/pro.

Jason

3. Ricky Nu

Ricky Nu Auditioning

I know thia can sound stupid, but what is HTT or AVS?

4. george king

george king Supporting Actor

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Actually Burke is the moderator of the B&K forum at HT Guide that's the best place to find him.

6. Jason Watson

Jason Watson Stunt Coordinator

Oh yea, I forgot HT Guide. Burke is the Mod for the Integra forum. (If you have trouble finding him in the B&K forum[​IMG])And just so you know Andrew, I hold you just as responsible for my slide to Magnepan addiction as I do Burke!