What's new

Antenna Amplifier Position (1 Viewer)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
If I was to get an amplifier for my antenna signal.(The antenna is in the attic. It is split about 5 times. First, of all would a signal amplifier help and if so, is a 12 db boost a good difference? Do I place this amplifier right before a tv or before the split?

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
So how well do the amplifiers work that do not need to be plugged in? That is my only problem. Does place a powered amplifier before the TV connection help at all or will it only help if it is before the split?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
There are generally 2 types of amplifiers. One is referred to as a preamp that amplifies the signal before it is split and is something that has a power supply that is plugged in and placed near the antenna and the other is a distribution amp that is also plugged in and generally placed where the signals are split and to compensate for the loss in splitting. You may wish to check out this site for info - www.antennaweb.org.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks