What's new

Another SVS thread... (1 Viewer)

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
My SVS 20-39PC just arrived yesterday and I am blown away. I can't believe it took me this long to get one. This is the first "real" bass I have heard and now can have the sub calibrated at 80db without it hurting my ears. I actually have the volume at 5 which was impossible with my previous sub because the boominess would hurt my ears.

The seats rattle, the bang is there which keeps you on the edge of your seats, all while not hurting your ears. THIS is what home theatre is supposed to be.

To any Canadians worried about the exchange rate, GST and duty, I know it's a pain but truly worth it when you can add a sub or two of this quality to your system. Highly recommended.

Thank-you SVS!

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Congrats on the purchase Karim. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final tally on your 20-39pc? I have been wanting one for a while now but want to make sure my credit card can handle it. I was also wondering how long it took from your order to your door?

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxiously waiting for a 16-46CS too! I have to wait at least another 2 weeks before I can get to use it though, have to finish exams :frowning:
I thought that you wouldn't be charged Duty on it considering it's made in the USA? How much shipping were you charged on it?
Can't wait, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Jerry T

Agent
Yeah SVS do rock! I want to upgrade if anyone is willing to take my dual SVS 20-39cs off me.

Richard, email me if you're interested. I can save you time, shipping costs, duty etc.

I live in Vancouver.

One can never have enuf bass. IMO.

Jerry

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 20-39cs on order right now as well . It hasn't shipped yet. I'm also curious as to the final cost.

Salvador

Second Unit
i'm thinking of getting an SVS sub but i'm weary of the hidden charges that loom. To anyone who purchased from canada, what fees did you guys pay??? Brokerage fees, duty, tax or whatever they charged i want to know.

Shawn O

Stunt Coordinator
i'm thinking of getting an SVS sub but i'm weary of the hidden charges that loom. To anyone who purchased from canada, what fees did you guys pay??? Brokerage fees, duty, tax or whatever they charged i want to know.

Salvador

Second Unit
so you paid $144 for the brokerage fees and on top of that you also paid 15% tax right??? good thing there is no duty. what are brokerage fees anyway?

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking about getting either a 25-31PC or a 25-31CS. It all depends on whether I can convince my friend to sell me his extra Marantz monoblock. But I'm curious about the total costs. I've ordered a lot of things from the US, and the brokerage fees were killing me.

Karim, did that $144 include GST?

BTW Salvador, us Albertans don't have PST, so it's only 7% tax for us. :p)

Salvador

Second Unit
7% !!!!! ahh darn tax. my friend and i ordered two computer cases in the US and those darn brokerage fees really drove up the costs!!! that's why i'm weary in ordering stuff from the states

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean, the 15% is bad enough, but the UPS rates only make it worse! I've wanted to buy so many things because of good deals in the US, but they just end up getting too expensive because of the shipping.
I'm expecting the SVS to be WELL worth the money though! :D

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Congrats on the purchase! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
IMO, SVS has set a new standard for HT. They truly are a top notch company whose owners give customer service that is second to none. You will not be disappointed! One word of advice: your ears may need a week to adjust.

Karim Nogas

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bryan,

I'm loving the sub. I've watched more movies in the past week than the past several months. I never really considered the sub "crucial" to enjoying the HT experience until now, realizing how much I missed.

Trent C

Agent
Thanks for the info Karim. This is one item that is on my shopping list. Six days is very quick.

Trent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks