What's new

Another IDIOT Neighbor thread..... (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
There's a difference between helping and "fixing". You got rid of something he valued. Perhaps he even realized it was an eyesore and he took your draining of it as a comment about him not being able to take care of things.

I say that in light of:

Sounds like it could be depression. I think he's got a lot more problems than just devising a mosquito breeding pool.

Julie K

Screenwriter
There's a difference between helping and "fixing". You got rid of something he valued. Perhaps he even realized it was an eyesore and he took your draining of it as a comment about him not being able to take care of things.

I say that in light of:

Sounds like it could be depression. I think he's got a lot more problems than just devising a mosquito breeding pool.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I believe in CT, if you have an above ground pool, all you need to do is pull the ladder up.:eek: That's INSANE!!!! That's just as bad as the stories you hear where someone breaks into your home and slips on something then sues you for damage. :rolleyes

If kids were trying to get into my above ground pool (without me being around), then I'd investigate tresspassing charges.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I believe in CT, if you have an above ground pool, all you need to do is pull the ladder up.:eek: That's INSANE!!!! That's just as bad as the stories you hear where someone breaks into your home and slips on something then sues you for damage. :rolleyes

If kids were trying to get into my above ground pool (without me being around), then I'd investigate tresspassing charges.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Someone needs to get a blow-up doll, dress it and put it face down in the pool. No one would even go in there again.

glenn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Someone needs to get a blow-up doll, dress it and put it face down in the pool. No one would even go in there again.

glenn

DonnyD

Screenwriter

Now that's about the funniest thing I've heard .... but is kinda overboard even for me........

A couple of the neighbors (female and male) said he told them quite bluntly, that he hasn't had a woman since his wife left. He just may have a blowup doll inside anyway!

The consensus around here is that he DOES need some serious help.... in more ways than mowing and draining his pool. Everything he does seems to cry out for attention..... from watering his yard "by hand" to roaming around the neighborhood with his coffee cup in hand.... specifically when he sees any ladies sitting outside.......

We (in this household) are quite a bit older than he is and therefore have shown more patience toward his "antics" than most of the other neighbors. Most don't show their faces when he's outside and kinda run to the door when he does come out...........

He was a chauffer for a living and I've no idea how he made it. Now he is a private deliveryman..... still no idea how he makes it........ He always talks about how poor he is and what he can't give his child....kinda makes the rest of us feel sorry for him but after 2 years, it's kinda got old... especially since he seems to do nothing to better himself.

As always, some neighbors can really get next to you and I will have to say, I've never had one who does such stupid stuff as this one does...... This pool and trampoline stories are not the worse ones, only the most recent!

DonnyD

Screenwriter

Now that's about the funniest thing I've heard .... but is kinda overboard even for me........

A couple of the neighbors (female and male) said he told them quite bluntly, that he hasn't had a woman since his wife left. He just may have a blowup doll inside anyway!

The consensus around here is that he DOES need some serious help.... in more ways than mowing and draining his pool. Everything he does seems to cry out for attention..... from watering his yard "by hand" to roaming around the neighborhood with his coffee cup in hand.... specifically when he sees any ladies sitting outside.......

We (in this household) are quite a bit older than he is and therefore have shown more patience toward his "antics" than most of the other neighbors. Most don't show their faces when he's outside and kinda run to the door when he does come out...........

He was a chauffer for a living and I've no idea how he made it. Now he is a private deliveryman..... still no idea how he makes it........ He always talks about how poor he is and what he can't give his child....kinda makes the rest of us feel sorry for him but after 2 years, it's kinda got old... especially since he seems to do nothing to better himself.

As always, some neighbors can really get next to you and I will have to say, I've never had one who does such stupid stuff as this one does...... This pool and trampoline stories are not the worse ones, only the most recent!

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit

Attractive Nuisance Doctrine. Kids are not considered trespassers if there is something 'attractive' on the property.

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit

Attractive Nuisance Doctrine. Kids are not considered trespassers if there is something 'attractive' on the property.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
How about having a serious talk with the guy? Sounds like he's looking for attention anyway...

Failing that, I'd see about contacting his insurance agent(s) and/or the local health folks.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
How about having a serious talk with the guy? Sounds like he's looking for attention anyway...

Failing that, I'd see about contacting his insurance agent(s) and/or the local health folks.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
no shit? really?

That sounds pretty lame to me. Another case of people not wanting to accept responsibility for thier own actions...or actions of their children. :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
no shit? really?

That sounds pretty lame to me. Another case of people not wanting to accept responsibility for thier own actions...or actions of their children. :frowning:

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
It's not a question, necessarily, of people not watching their kids; it's a fact that kids will be kids, and by taking some basic precautions, everybody gets saved a lot of grief.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
It's not a question, necessarily, of people not watching their kids; it's a fact that kids will be kids, and by taking some basic precautions, everybody gets saved a lot of grief.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree that putting the ladder up (or away) is one thing, but having to build a fence is assinine.

What's next, keeping our car doors locked (while they are in the driveway) because a child may wander into the car and get trapped inside and heat up under the sun?

p.s. You know if something like that happened, the parents would look for some way to sue the car owner. :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree that putting the ladder up (or away) is one thing, but having to build a fence is assinine.

What's next, keeping our car doors locked (while they are in the driveway) because a child may wander into the car and get trapped inside and heat up under the sun?

p.s. You know if something like that happened, the parents would look for some way to sue the car owner. :frowning:

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Sounds to me like you're living next to Homer Simpson...

(If I remember correctly, they had the Trampoline Episode, as well as the pool episode... both of which sound hauntingly familiar to your situation).

And... well, not to take sides... but nosy neighbours (although good intentioned) are generally seen as the villains by the offending party. I'm not saying that good 'ol Homer J. is in the right, I'm saying that the game was played a little wrong.

First, before venturing onto your neighbours yard to do any form of maintenance, ALWAYS make sure you ask their permission. You never know when the unsolicited work you're doing on their property could result in injury, or damage to the property.

Second, when you've got a complaint with someone in your neighbourhood, I feel that the wrong thing to do is to take action first, and discuss later. The neighbourly thing would be to engage the guy, let him know you you feel about the situation, and ask him to do something about it. Try and guage what his situation & mindset are before you venture forward with your own strategies...

If all else fails, and the diplomatic process doesn't fix your woes, I'd say that a good samplng of your local By-Laws would be in order. You can bring them to your neighbours attention, and if he still fails to address the issue, THEN you should inform the authorities. However, given the safety hazard posed by the pool/trampoline, I'd suggest this be done quickly, so that there's less time & likelyhood of someone getting hurt.

Lastly, the issue of the guy being weird, roaming your neighbourhood with coffee in hand, etc. is, fankly, none of your f'n business. You don't know what's going on in his personal life, and walking around the neighbourhood drinking Java is not what I'd call illegal or offensive. Now, if he was doing this NAKED, you'd have a case on your hands... but, judgemental neighbours aside, his life & the way he conducts himself is his business.

Moe.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Sounds to me like you're living next to Homer Simpson...

(If I remember correctly, they had the Trampoline Episode, as well as the pool episode... both of which sound hauntingly familiar to your situation).

And... well, not to take sides... but nosy neighbours (although good intentioned) are generally seen as the villains by the offending party. I'm not saying that good 'ol Homer J. is in the right, I'm saying that the game was played a little wrong.

First, before venturing onto your neighbours yard to do any form of maintenance, ALWAYS make sure you ask their permission. You never know when the unsolicited work you're doing on their property could result in injury, or damage to the property.

Second, when you've got a complaint with someone in your neighbourhood, I feel that the wrong thing to do is to take action first, and discuss later. The neighbourly thing would be to engage the guy, let him know you you feel about the situation, and ask him to do something about it. Try and guage what his situation & mindset are before you venture forward with your own strategies...

If all else fails, and the diplomatic process doesn't fix your woes, I'd say that a good samplng of your local By-Laws would be in order. You can bring them to your neighbours attention, and if he still fails to address the issue, THEN you should inform the authorities. However, given the safety hazard posed by the pool/trampoline, I'd suggest this be done quickly, so that there's less time & likelyhood of someone getting hurt.

Lastly, the issue of the guy being weird, roaming your neighbourhood with coffee in hand, etc. is, fankly, none of your f'n business. You don't know what's going on in his personal life, and walking around the neighbourhood drinking Java is not what I'd call illegal or offensive. Now, if he was doing this NAKED, you'd have a case on your hands... but, judgemental neighbours aside, his life & the way he conducts himself is his business.

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks