What's new

Another game to destroy your productivity (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
http://www.input-entertainment.de/laser/laser.html
Post new passwords as you go along - let's see how far we can get collectively.
Passwords
Level 02 - bios
Level 03 - cpu
Level 04 - usb
Level 05 - rdram
Level 06 - w2k
Level 07 - macos
Level 08 - irq
Level 09 - pcm
Level 10 - svga
Level 11 - os/2
Stuck on level 11...can get all but one. Happy slacking.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
aaahhh...how I remember this game. It got posted on a board I visit a while ago and the influx of users forced the site to take the game down due to exceeding the bandwidth limit. I beat it once but it definitely took me a while on some.

eric nyhof

Stunt Coordinator
that game is awesome, i almost wish you didn't post it because i have finals coming up next week and i'm gonna want to play it... oh well

I haven't gotten up to level 11 yet, it's been a long time since i had geometry and physics

Wade

Stunt Coordinator
Level 12 - tcp/ip

Level 13 - ascii

Level 13 has me stumped at this point in time. I'll get it eventually.

Wade

Liam S

Stunt Coordinator
Level 20 - sdsl

Level 21 - ps/2

Level 22 - rambus

I didn't even need all the pieces for level 20.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If anyone wants to play this for real (except for the bombs), visit my lab. Do it for a few years, and you can get yourself a degree :)

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I almost had it one way, but I was one mirror short. After agonizing over it for about half an hour, I redid it a little (went down a different way first), and ended up with a much more efficient solution.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
In the 1 mirror short model, you probably had a refractor and mirror slightly misaligned. I was in that same position, and shifting it over a bit double-used the refractor which made up for the lack of a mirror.

But now I'm going to have to figure out the more efficient model!

I wonder if the earlier puzzles that had extra pieces also have multiple solutions.

EDIT: Ok, got the simpler solution now! You went down the first hole rather than the 3rd. The solutions are identical but for the placement of the two mirrors closest to the laser and the position of the refractor. In one solution you put the mirrors directly above the holes. In another raise them one spot and rotate them both, and then place the prism at the point where the beams cross in the first block.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks