What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

another Darwin candidate? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Looking back (I'm over 50) I can honestly say I was extremely lucky, having survived:
being in the Army;
runnning full tilt into a tree while snow skiing (that one really hurt);
being thrown off of numerous horses (including one where the horse refused a fence & I went over his head);
several totaled autos;
driving while intoxicated & naked (as a teenager, I don't do that any more);
dumping my first motorcycle numerous times;
and probably some other things I have selectively forgotten. Teenagers are supposed to do stupid things, some are just luckier than others.

As an example:

Web posted Saturday, August 28, 2004
From Staff Reports
Man, 19, killed in car crash
A Fort Gordon man is dead after losing control of a 2000 Ford Mustang minutes after buying the car Saturday.
Richmond County sheriff's Deputy Mike Logue would not identify the 19-year-old victim because his family had not been notified.
The wreck occurred at about 1 p.m. when the man was driving north on Deans Bridge Road just past Gate Five. He was speeding, Deputy Mike Logue said.
The victim lost control of his car, veering across the median and into the southbound lane, Deputy Logue said.
A 2000 Kia Sportage driven by Derrick Sands, 27, of Augusta, struck the driver's side door of the Mustang, he said.
Mr. Sands was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital with cuts and bruises, where he was treated and released, Deputy Logue said.
Deputy Logue said the victim had bought the car 10 minutes before the wreck at a used-car dealership.
Speed was a factor in the wreck and the investigation is ongoing, according to Deputy Logue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks