What's new

Annoying Dropout on Rose Red DVD (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
On the first disc at around the 87 minute mark there is a very bad dropout on my copy of this DVD the picture freezes and the sound drops out altogether for a couple of seconds.I found this very distracting, did anyone notice this on their copy???

Brett C

Second Unit
Nope its not the layer change because its about 5 mins before the dropout occurs...And I know the difference between a layer change and a dropout,my copy is clearly faulty.tried it on 3 different players a pioneer and a Toshiba and the dvd player on my PC...

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
watched it on my good old toshiba 3107 on monday night,played perfect,couldnt even notice the layer change.

David Chisholm

Auditioning
I don't remember exactly when but I did have part of the
video freeze for about 3 secs. It was a 4 inch line running
horizontally across my 61 inch screen. I didn't experience
any audio drop outs when this was happening. Since the rest
of the dvd played fine I just chalked it up to possible dust
or slight disc error.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
finally got my DVD today and I checked the 87 minute mark. I didn't experience any audio dropouts or video freeze with PowerDVD 4.0 or on the Samsung 807 (haven't tried it on my main player yet). However I did experience a slight video glitch at 87:35 which only lasted for about 1 frame.
I made a screen cap of it:

Is this the shot you mean?
Chris

Brett C

Second Unit
Thats the one,as small and subtle as it is, its still an annoying defect and on my two DVD players(Pioneer and Toshiba)the audio drops out for about a second...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hey,

yup, it really is a weird one, I wonder what went wrong. Luckily I have no audio dropout or anything on any of my players, just this weird defect for a frame. I doubt they'll fix it to be honest.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks