What's new

Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum (1 Viewer)

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
I haven’t been able to login on my iPhone today.
When I try to login it says I’m already logged in.
I am not.
That's pretty weird. I get the same thing.

I made some changes, and it seems to be working for me now.

Are you able to log in now?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
^ Yes. I’m logged in on iPhone now. I refreshed and it was fine.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We don't want this thread to become a catch-all for technical forum issues.

I'll let the last few posts remain (along with Tony's expected answer) but let's use other appropriate threads, or create new ones, for questions about forum software issues. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why are you guys not supporting PayPal? I was going to renew my subscription, but you are using something called Stripe or Link. To use Link requires me to set up yet another account that would have my credit card information which I don't want. And I know nothing about Stripe.

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
Why are you guys not supporting PayPal? I was going to renew my subscription, but you are using something called Stripe or Link. To use Link requires me to set up yet another account that would have my credit card information which I don't want. And I know nothing about Stripe.
As far as I know, we have not changed anything in regard to payment options. @Jonathan, do you have any input here?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, we have not changed anything in regard to payment options. @Jonathan, do you have any input here?
I looked at it again. It looks like manually by entering a credit card number or using Link. I don't see an option to use an existing PayPal account. PayPal isn't any favorite of mine, but I prefer to use it whenever possible as I had to cancel my card once already, not due to this site. I'm not sure how they got a hold of my card number. I always figured there was a rat at Amazon who was stealing credit card numbers, because there are very few on-line sites where I directly used a credit card number. Amazon was one where I did use it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Who knows for sure though. 🤷‍♂️ All I know was they used the card number at three different retailers and Staples was the only one that twigged on to something and reversed the charge immediately with out being informed that the charge was fraudulent.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Let me look into the payment options and get back to you this afternoon with an answer about PayPal.

However, for Stripe, it's a leading company with all the top encryptions, protections, and certifications. It should be as safe as online processing can be. (you can read a bit more here from a third party review of their security)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I looked at it again. It looks like manually by entering a credit card number or using Link. I don't see an option to use an existing PayPal account. PayPal isn't any favorite of mine, but I prefer to use it whenever possible as I had to cancel my card once already, not due to this site. I'm not sure how they got a hold of my card number. I always figured there was a rat at Amazon who was stealing credit card numbers, because there are very few on-line sites where I directly used a credit card number. Amazon was one where I did use it.
It doesn't necessarily have to be an online site where your card info gets stolen. Could be a gas station, restaurant, or retail store. I had mine stolen one time while driving through Massachusetts -- had to be either the motel, restaurant or gas station we used during an overnight stay.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It doesn't necessarily have to be an online site where your card info gets stolen. Could be a gas station, restaurant, or retail store. I had mine stolen one time while driving through Massachusetts -- had to be either the motel, restaurant or gas station we used during an overnight stay.
Yeah. It's highly unlikely Amazon was the cause.

In fact, I own an online business that processes credit cards. I have no access to the card numbers. It's impossible for me to process a transaction outside our merchant account.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let me look into the payment options and get back to you this afternoon with an answer about PayPal.

However, for Stripe, it's a leading company with all the top encryptions, protections, and certifications. It should be as safe as online processing can be. (you can read a bit more here from a third party review of their security)
Thanks. If it comes down to it, I'll renew it anyway.
The PayPal option disappeared for me months ago.
Yeah. I don't know what is going on with them. There have been a number of times my sister has used her account for donations and the sites reject the payment, even though they supposedly take PP. Could have something to do with antivirus suite she uses and their secure payments module.
True enough. It doesn't matter how ironclad the security is. It is only as good as the trustworthiness of the people who work for the organization.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
@Edwin-S I wanted to circle back around - I'm not exactly sure why PayPal went away I can only see that it happened a while back. Unfortunately, adding it to the payments section and setting that up is a bit involved and isn't something I can make happen at the moment. If it would be amenable to do without PP this time I'll keep it on my updates list and see if it's possible to bring it back down the road. I do apologize that somewhere in the past it vanished for us.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Edwin-S I wanted to circle back around - I'm not exactly sure why PayPal went away I can only see that it happened a while back. Unfortunately, adding it to the payments section and setting that up is a bit involved and isn't something I can make happen at the moment. If it would be amenable to do without PP this time I'll keep it on my updates list and see if it's possible to bring it back down the road. I do apologize that somewhere in the past it vanished for us.
Thanks for looking into it. I'll renew via the present method.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks