What's new

Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum (1 Viewer)

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
Greetings, Home Theater Forum community!

Most of you are probably unaware of this, but the owners of Home Theater Forum (Ron, Dave, Adam, Kevin) have been in the process of selling the website and we are the new owners. I wanted to introduce ourselves and let you know what to expect moving forward.

Jonathan and I both live with our families outside of Seattle, WA. We’ve been working online for over 10 years. We are both audiophiles (and musicians) with our own modest home theater setups. Though I am trying to convince my wife that it’s time for an upgrade.

Don’t expect drastic changes from a forum user’s perspective. Ron will continue to moderate and maintain the conversations happening on the Forum. All of the same moderators and reviewers are staying in place.

We’re thrilled to be a part of such a quality community and we’re excited to support, serve, and learn from Home Theater Forum for years to come. Let us know if you have any questions, otherwise continue to enjoy the content and what this great forum has to offer!

Sincerely,
Colin

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hello Colin and Jonathan, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the change of ownership here at HTF. It's the end of an era. Nothing at ALL against you two, of course, but this forum has evolved into what it is today because of the owners and the moderator team. Change is the only constant in the universe, as they say, so while I'm not surprised about this announcement I'm hoping that you two will strive to follow in their footsteps and not try to remake HTF into something that it's not. We're a pretty tight community, many of us have been here since right around the turn of the century, and we love the place for what it has grown into over the years, and because of the people who are such a huge part of it. That's why we're all still here. :)

With all that being said, Colin, I sincerely wish you both the very best and hope that you carry this place forward in the spirit of those who came before you. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know, and again, welcome!

Kevin, Dave, and Adam, we'll miss you all! And Ron? I'm happy that you'll be sticking around! You've all done such a tremendous job with Home Theater Forum, and have forged it into THE best internet hangout for film lovers that I know of. THANK YOU, for everything!!! :)

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
Hello Colin and Jonathan, and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the change of ownership here at HTF. It's the end of an era. Nothing at ALL against you two, of course, but this forum has evolved into what it is today because of the owners and the moderator team. Change is the only constant in the universe, as they say, so while I'm not surprised about this announcement I'm hoping that you two will strive to follow in their footsteps and not try to remake HTF into something that it's not. We're a pretty tight community, many of us have been here since right around the turn of the century, and we love the place for what it has grown into over the years, and because of the people who are such a huge part of it. That's why we're all still here. :)

With all that being said, Colin, I sincerely wish you both the very best and hope that you carry this place forward in the spirit of those who came before you. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know, and again, welcome!

Kevin, Dave, and Adam, we'll miss you all! And Ron? I'm happy that you'll be sticking around! You've all done such a tremendous job with Home Theater Forum, and have forged it into THE best internet hangout for film lovers that I know of. THANK YOU, for everything!!! :)
Thanks, dpippel. Yeah, we aren't looking to lose anything of what's special here. All the same moderators and reviewers are staying on. Also, the previous owners may have sold their equity, but they should still be around in the capacities they have time/energy for.

Our only short-term goal is to do more quality reviews! But our first task is to engage and learn more about the community to know how we can best serve it moving forward.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
First of all, welcome.

A question for the new owners - have you been watching / reading for some time?

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
Hello Everyone!
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm excited and grateful to be a part of HTF moving forward.
Admittedly, HTF is new to me in the last few months, so I have a lot of history and culture to learn about and understand. But so far it's been awesome reading through old threads and starting to get a feel for this community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks