What's new

Andy Richter Controls...my TV (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
So, I know some of you caught this tonight. What'd everyone think? Personally, this show had me rolling on the ground. The puppies, the boss, everything. The sarcastic wit of this show is just great (it reminds me of myself). I was really getting into Undeclared, but if andy Richter continues like this Undeclared will soon be out of my head (though Undeclared at 8 followed by Andy would be the best). Loved tonights episode and if the show holds up I may have to TiVo Buffy every tuesday...

I've got more to say, but 24 is calling my name...

JQ

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I think it shows a lot of potential. The basic idea of seeing his thoughts isn't /new/ but the structure & the style of the humour looks like it'll work. I enjoyed it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I liked it too...I look forward to more episodes (as long as it doesn't permenantly replace Undeclared).

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
We only saw the last half of the show, but loved every minute of it. Heck, if Buffy is in reruns for a month, we'll we be watching. Now that I think about it, the current state that Buffy is in, we'll probably be watching even after the vampire slayer comes back with new episodes.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I quite liked it, but pehaps because of the mood I'm in, I actually found it quite depressing, what with his mundane job and sad life.

Probably just my mood. Still very funny. I loved the Power Rangers ending.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Man, I was so worried the show wouldn't be any good. Andy Richter is like one of my heros and that kind of dissappointement wouldn't have ended well. But the show is fantastic.

"Please take this as a token of my demented love.

Byron"

cue goat. LOL!

Things won't be pretty when Buffy comes out of reruns.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Laugh-out-loud funny!

I usually don't watch TV this early in the night, I'll have to start taping this one!

Matthew R

Agent
It's not a show that I'll go out of my way to watch, but I have to admit that when he put the garbage can over Byron's head and started hitting it with his phone, I was rolling on the floor laughing. (Maybe I just wish I could do that to a co-worker...)

--Matthew

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought it was hilarious. The spoiler I read about the third episode sounds like one of the most subversively lunatic plots since Seinfeld went off of the air, so it looks to be a promising show. The sarcastic wit reminded me of myself except, of course, that it was funny.

Regards,

Ike

Screenwriter
I missed it! I loved Richter on Conan, and hope this new show is a huge success. I'll have to catch it next week.

Eric F

Screenwriter
It's halfway decent, and fairly inoffensive considering some of the subject matter (which was cleaned up a bit).

It has potential so that means it has no place on Fox. Watch for the cancellation soon. Fox is an anathama. How can the same "network" that runs shows like this, Undeclared and Family Guy also run Celebrity Boxing and Temptation Island?

Gotta love that Rupert. Lol.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It has potential so that means it has no place on Fox.
Are you kidding? As much as Fox has run some dumb stuff, over the last few years they've become the place for off-kilter comedy. Sure, it may get a quick hook if it doesn't find an audience, but how many other networks could both afford to do something like "Andy Richter" or "The Tick", and would put it on?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched it, and I finally busted out LOL when he threw his draftman officemate into the coffee table. Will watch more "Andy". His boss was hot as well! Mmmm...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, I just got done watching the third episode of Andy Richter Controls the Universe and it's official - I really like this show! It's like a more clever version of The Drew Carey Show. :)
Plus the women are all beautiful. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd use "zany" to describe this show. Poor Andy, gets the girl of his dreams and she's got race issues. :) The whole Jessica/Wendy bit was pretty funny. Another entertaining half hour from Andy and company.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I loved the bit at the Jewish community center where the director tells Andy that they help "all" people, and Andy emphasizes that he is only interested in helping the Jewish people.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks