What's new

Andy Richter Controls...my TV (1 Viewer)

AllenD

Second Unit
Jessica is such a hottie! I'd make the same request if I had cancer. :D I loved how they played John Cryer's character. First you hate him, then you pitied him, then you hate him again. (But he'll always be Duckie to me.) Good stuff!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/23/02
Andy fights the impression in his workplace that he's gay because he shared a room with his officemate while attending a wedding, and inadvertently slept in the same bed as his officemate. Jessica fights the temptation to sleep with the office mail delivery dude, but gives into the temptation repeatedly until he finally breaks off the relationship, but Jessica wants to be the one who breaks off the relationship. Andy sleeps with a female co-worker in order to convince the office that he's not gay. Andy finally figured out how he ended up in his officemate's bed that fateful night.
This show is so fluffily funny even when it's examining social stereotypes and office class relationships.
Oh, way too many metaphors of "trains and tunnels". :)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
"What if my gift is not getting drunk and hitting on her mom?"
"I'll split that with you..."
:laugh:

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
According to Variety, Andy's definitely not in consideration for this Fall. 4 episodes will be left unaired.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's time to start bugging the powers to be for a complete Andy Richter DVD with commentary.

It's really too bad because that was a great cast!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My local WB affiliate indicated last Tuesday that Andy Richter would be returning on the last Tuesday of this month. Have they changed their minds already? I would hope they could at least air the last four eps over the summer.

Regards,

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Ken: Three episodes of "Andy..." are slated to air, as far as I know -- two on May 28th and one on June 4th. It looks like that'll be it, with four of the thirteen episodes left unaired.
As far as airing over the summer, Fox is airing new programming instead. There's an article about their summer plans at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...klyrant&id=333

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Too bad. I thought this show was getting good ratings. I guess it's just too clever/different to keep on. :thumbsdown:

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
And with that news Fox leaps back into the lead in the race to claim the title "Network That Pisses Off Brad The Most". ABC and NBC are still close behind.

Fortunately I've saved all of the episodes aired to date on my TiVo. Someday I'll bang a hammer against my head and watch them like they are new episodes.

Brad

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Yet another reason why one should never become too enamored of the really good shows on Fox -- they never last. :angry:
Rob

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
The intro to 'That '80's Show' last night said - 'Andy Richter will be back in xxx weeks, with the first of xxx all new episodes,.'

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Paget Brewster is a babe and if Andy Richter does go down the tubes, someone should give her her own show. Better yet, NBC should pick up Andy Richter and put it on after Friends!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
John: Yes, and that's already been responded to earlier in this thread. "Andy..." isn't going off the air now. It just won't return this Fall, and several episodes won't be aired at all.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
SInce the show is produced by Paramount Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television, who do I write suggesting the show switch networks (or that DVDs be produced)?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
SInce the show is produced by Paramount Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television, who do I write suggesting the show switch networks (or that DVDs be produced)?
Yeah, but UPN does air original shows with white people who aren't in Star Trek uniforms.:) Just kidding, just kidding... I'd definitely like to see this get picked up somewhere else, although Comedy Central might be a better option (do the same as the did with Absolutely Fabulous). Still, I don't know if Comedy Central could support Andy's budget, now knowing the cost per episode, or Comedy Central's budget.

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
This news is especially interesting in light of the network's official cancellation of "Titus," "Family Guy," "Undeclared," "Greg the Bunny" and "That '80s Show" as both "Titus" and "Undeclared" finished the season with higher average ratings than "Andy."
From the Article Daniel Kikin mentions.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! How can they cancel Family Guy? I love that show. It makes me laugh like The Simpsons used to. Family Guy and Andy Richter were two of the shows with the best potential on Fox. I'm a big Simpsons fan but it "Jumped the Shark" when Conan Left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks