What's new

Analog Video Capture device (1 Viewer)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I can tell you from personal experience that the Dazzle DVC80 is very easy to use.

It captures at broadcast quality, which seems to fit your purpose (home movies) just fine. There isn't a lot of special functions, but for $70 you can't go wrong.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
hi, thanks for replying and your suggestion is duely noted! My question is, will it keep the audio and video in sync after digitizing? Is that a problem at all with these digitizing devices?

i was actually looking at that one as my primary choice because it seemed like it had the best features for the price, but I'm a newbie to these devices.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I have the Dazzle DV80 too, i got it open box for like $70 CAD, its a good buy... good video quality, and it doesnt have any sync problems with audio that i expected recording with other Codecs like DivX...
I have a sample movie i did to test out recording with DivX of a Gorillaz music video off TV in DivX, its only 6 megs or so, if you have MSN or ICQ, i'll be happy to send it to you...
I also recorded two or three THX/Dolby Digital trailers just for test using Dazzle and in DivX (compressed it after recording it in MPEG-2 resulting in HUGE files). The audio is awesome, with only two cheap computer speakers, you can hear the robot BEHIND you flying (Toy Story1)... The audio capture is very good..
MSN - [email protected]
ICQ - 8593599

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks