Analog Video Capture device

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Dobbs, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
  2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I can tell you from personal experience that the Dazzle DVC80 is very easy to use.

It captures at broadcast quality, which seems to fit your purpose (home movies) just fine. There isn't a lot of special functions, but for $70 you can't go wrong.

3. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    hi, thanks for replying and your suggestion is duely noted! My question is, will it keep the audio and video in sync after digitizing? Is that a problem at all with these digitizing devices?

i was actually looking at that one as my primary choice because it seemed like it had the best features for the price, but I'm a newbie to these devices.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I have the Dazzle DV80 too, i got it open box for like $70 CAD, its a good buy... good video quality, and it doesnt have any sync problems with audio that i expected recording with other Codecs like DivX...
    I have a sample movie i did to test out recording with DivX of a Gorillaz music video off TV in DivX, its only 6 megs or so, if you have MSN or ICQ, i'll be happy to send it to you...
    I also recorded two or three THX/Dolby Digital trailers just for test using Dazzle and in DivX (compressed it after recording it in MPEG-2 resulting in HUGE files). The audio is awesome, with only two cheap computer speakers, you can hear the robot BEHIND you flying (Toy Story1)... The audio capture is very good..
    MSN - [email protected]
    ICQ - 8593599

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Agreed, I've had no synching problems either.

6. Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs Ambassador

Brian Dobbs
    Thanks guys for all of your help! Looks like I'll go out and get the Dazzle DVC 80.