What's new

An Open Letter To All My HTF Virtual Friends...Hope Your Holiday Season Is Your Best Ever! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've been around this forum for some 23 years, which is hard for me to believe. In that time, I have posted some useful information and a fair share of inaccurate claims, but what I have done consistently is to learn from all of you, remain well-informed by you, and, most importantly, befriended some of you beyond the walls of this forum.

You are, in many a sense of the word, family, especially as I have lost all my flesh-and-blood family members, all of whom passed while I was an active member here. I'm just an old fart now, but find solace in the fact that many of you are, too! We have shared a similar, lifelong love of -- even an obsession with -- film. Many of you continued on where I left off in the actual production of movies and are now situated in Hollywood, rubbing elbows with those I have admired from a distance (of some 3,000 miles, actually). Some of you are well-established as a vital part of the current studio system, as writers, restoration experts, actors, directors. I cannot claim to have those inside connections, and envy those who have (to my shame!) But being here in Maine is nearly as good, and a great deal cheaper!

Regardless of our differences, and in celebration of our similarities, I wish you all the safest, coziest, funnest seasons of all this year! I'll be back to irritate you all again in 2023!

Rick

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I don't know that we've ever crossed paths before [odd since I've been around almost as long] but "thank you" for sharing those thoughts and sentiments. I've also seen more than most where loss is concerned and therefore know how it can eat away at you over time. What I've learned to do is make the most out of every moment I have in honor to God as well as those who paved the way for me.

Best wishes to you in this season and beyond.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Like with so many parties, I'm way late to this one.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2023 everyone! :D

full

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks