What's new

An Inconvenient Truth DVD - FREE (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
The following is a quote from the web site ShareTheTruth.us:

There's nothing like a free movie

Ever think, "That movie is so bad, I wouldn't see it if they paid me?"
An Inconvenient Truth tends to have the opposite effect: it is so grounded, so filled with integrity that even a lifelong republican who despised Al Gore in 2000 concludes that it's "simply great". And our generous donors will buy you the DVD. Oddly enough, this is probably the last movie on Earth that you need to be paid to see.
There's no catch. Fill out the following boxes to request a free DVD:

http://sharethetruth.us/free/

What the heck, it's free, I'm in for one.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Don't be too eager to jump on this deal - it's most likely not going to happen (at least not in the near future). These free DVD's are dependent on ShareTheTruth receiving donations to cover the cost of purchasing and shipping these DVD's. Clicking on the generous donors hyperlink on the Free DVD sign-up / registration page provides these stats:

Quick Stats
$8531.45 donated
- $6787.99 in tickets (for 953 people)
- 75 DVDs at $16.87/ea delivered (for an estimated 150 people)
= $478.21 for grabs.

In addition, here's the quote from yesterday's ShareTheTruth blog:
Over the last hour, sharethetruth received 450 DVD requests, on average one every 8 seconds. As of this writing, there are 3,213 unfulfilled orders for free copies. At $20, the DVD's current going rate, this operation would require $64,320 in donations – without tallying packaging and shipping costs – just to catch up.
Over the last week, eight very nice donors have stepped forward, contributing a total of $90.
Though the numbers are, to put it mildly, somewhat mismatched, I believe this isn't a funding problem as much as it's an awareness problem.
Those 3,200 unfilled orders for the free DVD's will most likely skyrocket today by several thousands.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hehehe. I signed up, but if I make a donation anywhere near the price of the DVD, basically am I not in effect, paying for the DVD?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
signed up, in case the website makes it on the news or gains notoriety, and becomes popular to people who want to donate.

CJ

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I guess the idea is that someone who has seen it and wants others to see it would donate, and someone who wouldn't otherwise buy or rent it, would get it free.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Guess there's no such thing as a free lunch...

But this *could* have worked if they gave the DVD away free and then sold your info to environmental/political groups who could then contact you later for donations/support/votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks