Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Well if it turns out those pictures are really Barbarella wouldn't that mean she is on borrowed time for Idol?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If they are real, she's gone. In the space of a week, we have pictures of her on the toilet, covering her boobs with her hands, drinkning alcohol (underage) and now with a c*ck in her mouth. And boobs as well. That's in one week -- what else is out there?

Plus, she's be known as the Blowjob Idol.

Her only shot is to deny to the producers and they believe her. Personally, I don't think there's enough to convict, but at this rate, there's going to be a picture of her with a nipple in her mouth while she's flashing a driver's license.

Update: Rumor has it a self made nude calendar will be hitting the internet soon.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I noticed that too, Patrick. I almost didn't recognize her at first. TPTB at AI are notorious for not being very forgiving of sex-related scandals. I'm sensing a very special message before Wednesday night's performance...

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but that's her world, and she's been a willing part of it. I don't know if that's who she is, but it's who she's chosen to be so far in her life. Would I kick her out? I happen to think people make mistakes and should be given the opportunity to grow and get past those mistakes. She's certainly not my American Idol, but what exactly is served by eliminating contestants without giving America a chance to vote? If America is really turned off by someone, that'll show up in the votes. The only danger I see is a large enough audience voting someone of questionable character through and turning off the rest of America to the point of tuning out and/or actively not buying product. I think that's more the concern of the producers than anything.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Based on the pictures I saw (real or not), the opportunity to be pimped as an American Idol is not part of the forgiving process. That documented behavior will not make Ford want to have her prancing with boys in one their cars or Coke having her dancing with their bottle in her grasp. I am not judging her behavior, aside from her lack of understanding of what the little box with the flash creates, and am only talking about her suitability as an American Idol.

American Idol is a marketing machine not simply a contest. That machine is a carefully orchestrated and protected asset that is scripted to create the force it has become. They will never allow that image to be altered unless it creates more value - this girls pictures will only sell more bandwidth for a few days and not enhance that value in the long term.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If you parse Nigel's words, look how he doesn't make any effort to say that they are trying to verify authenticity but instead talks about how sad it is when friends betray you. The implication is that the photos are real, probably because Antonella fessed up.

Chuck_b is right -- this is as much about marketing as it is about singing, and I would be shocked if she stayed, either by force or her own volition. It's just too embarassing.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Yeah, the question is will she be gone before the next episode? I would like to see her squirm a bit - can you imagine the looks from Simon/Paula/Randy when she stands up for her next performance? That could be some great TV! Maybe AI will install a stripper pole for her next song!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe that is the pole she is used to.

Anyway, wasn't she the one in the group song that left the group in the middle of the night and flirted with the guys? Or is that someone else?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
AI has dismissed prior contestants for similar, or even lesser, transgressions. Frenchie was booted just for appearing topless. This sounds much more explicit. Unless they've changed their policies, and don't mind inviting potential discrimination lawsuits from past ex-contestants, they'll have to give her the boot.

And AI apparently needs to find a more competent investigation staff. They seem to miss quite a lot.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
AI Investigation staff was supposed to find out there were private pictures in existence? Why would anyone even make the pictures available before she was famous? There's a big difference in posing for a nudie web site and private pictures coming to light.

Anyway, as I said... as a viewer, I don't care if she's eliminated. If America cares about the issue, it'll show up in the votes. I'm OK with that system. So from my POV, we're just speculating about what AI producers feel is best for AI, a question to which the answer will become available soon enough.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If she was a better singer, this stuff might actually be important. She was really bad this first week so she really has no chance of winning anyway. This whole issue will disappear when she is voted out.

The only thing that might happen is if votefortheworst has an impact. I really dont think they make more than a few percentage points. That wont be enough to keep a really bad singer in to the end. It might be a factor early when the voting is split ten ways. When the voting is down to 3 or 4, the affect of the vftw is lost in the noise.

Either way, I don't understand why women let guys film them doing this stuff. How do guys "convince" these girls that this is a good thing to do? If anything, she should be kicked out for being stupid, not for what she was doing. LOL

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

That was Barbarella's "best" friend. Whom, interestingly enough, doesn't seem to show up in any of those pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks