What's new

American Gods (StarZ) season 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
One of my favorite books leaps to an eight episode season, and I have to say the first night truly exceptional TV. McShane is in top form as Wednesday and the setup was great. This is a very strong realization of the things I loved about the book.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
My understanding is that this season will not complete the book.

I'm OK with that, as it means more seasons. And gives Neil time and motivation to write more about the characters, as he has been threatening to do for years.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really enjoyed the premiere. Not as strong as the series premiere for Legion, but I'm a big fan of the book so I'm in for the long haul.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As of last month, we get Starz. And this reminded me that I've been meaning to read this book. . .

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Just watched epi 1 and loved it. Ian Mc can deliver lines as good as anyone.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Just like Legion, I have no idea what is happening and it seems like the show runners are determined to walk around the perimeter instead of heading to the center. But unlike my tepid reaction to Legion, I f'love American Gods -- it's engrossing and interesting and I want an episode of Ian McShane just talking for 60 minutes. Just a one sided conversation for a full hour. He's unbelievable.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This show is really nailing the core concepts of the book. Episode 3 went a long way in firming up the belief=strength of the deity in question.

McShane continues to be great, but what has really worked for me is that the cast as a whole does a very, very good job in selling the storyline.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I remain incredibly impressed by the production values. This week's episode really nailed it... this gets the entire feel of the book, while being expansive on the book's general ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks