What's new

Amelie for $9.99 (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Amelie is $12.99 at Blockbuster (previewed, of course) and they're also having a $3 off used DVD deal. I picked it up for $9.99 and the discs were in perfect condition. It's a nice deal.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I got one too. Only one I saw in the store, and in the original cardboard case. But why can't they put the big price sticker on the cellophane instead of the box...:frowning:

mdabney

Grip
I use a product called "Goo Gone" that removes those stickers with no problem, even when the idiots put them on the cardboard.

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
Purchased this yesterday at my Blockbuster but it was only $2 off pre-viewed dvd's.It came out to $10.99 but it was in PERFECT condition.Looked like it had never been watched.They had some great deals on other dvd's as well.I must admit,their pre-viewed dvd sales are pretty hard to beat.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
I also got it for $10.99. I use "Citrus Magic Stain & Adhesive Remover." It removes the stickers without affecting the cardboard slipcase and, as a bonus, leaves the cover with a pleasant citrus scent. ;)

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Thanks to you guys, got one at BBuster down the street. All of the stickers are easy to remove, everything looks new (haven't pop it in the player yet, but it does come with a 30 days guarantee).

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Thanks to John for the heads-up on this sale.

I also picked up Amelie for $9.99 and got The Deep End and Sexy Beast for $6.99 each. YAHTZEE!!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
On their web site it says "at least $2 off every DVD," so i guess some stores take more off. All the ones in my area are taking $2 off.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Got Amelie today for $9.99 and had little trouble removing the stickers. I picked the best of the four they had; mine's near mint.
Had LOTS of trouble, though, resisting the urge to pick of 4 or 5 other titles.
Jon

Ben_Meyer

Auditioning
My wife and I just purchased 10 movies from Blockbuster:

Alemie: $12.99 - $2.00
Monster's Ball $9.99 - $2.00
Gosford Park $9.99 - $2.00
A.I. $12.99 - $2.00
Legally Blonde $9.99 - $2.00*
Seredipity $9.99 - $2.00
Tomb Raider $9.99 - $2.00
Heart Breakers $9.99 - $2.00
Harry Potter $9.99 -$2.00
Heist $9.99 - $2.00

*An important note, when we first purchased this movie yesterday we were actually charged $10.99 (including the $2.00 off). However at a different Blockbuster in the city, the price was only $9.99 ($7.99 with discount) I was able to obtain the $3's and some odd cents back after I spoke with the store manager. While shopping we also noticed that several of the movies were labeled with the incorrect price. So the movie that you end up purchasing might be cheaper after you reach the regisiter:). The other point is that not all BB's charge the same amount for each movie, Legally Blonde for example. So if you are thrifty like me you'll want to make sure you're shopping at the cheapest one.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't able to find any Amelie at the two BlockBusters near my house but I did pick up A Beautiful Mind for $7.99.
Darn thing is in mint condition; in fact it doesn't look like the discs were ever viewed.

By the way, I noticed that one of the BBs had a custom case for A Beautiful Mind that said BlockBuster on the inside and the other used the case that came with the DVD.

Has any one else noticed this at the BBs near them?

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick - there were a few copies of Amelie left at the BB where I purchased mine. If you'd like, I could pick one up and ship it to you for whatever the actual shipping cost is. Just send me an email.

I bought 8 titles when I went. The lady working there said that they would be adding additional titles every week or so. So, check back often!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
David thanks for the offer, I'll be traveling this week so I'm going to stop by some BBs in other towns so I should be able to find one.

Thanks again.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Well, I went to my local Blockbuster to see if they had this deal. Unfortunately the $2 off deal ended on 9/2. But they did still have a pre-viewed copy of Amelie for $12.99. And since I was going to buy it for around $20-22 anyway, I went ahead and picked it up. I made them open the two copies they had, so I could get the best one of course. One of them had smudges all over it...but the other was mint condition (looked like it was never even rented). So I got that one of course. :) Now I just have to figure out how to get these gosh darn stickers off....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks