What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I don't think I was ever really tempted. Maybe I thought about it at some point, but I never came as close as you did - I don't think I ever visited the MP site to check out the offer, much less attempt to sign up.

I always thought MP was dodgy as well, but now I recall why I actually tried to sign up: Around Christmas 2017, Costco ran a promotion offering an MP subscription for a year. It was at a reduced rate, I think $90 for the entire year, plus you got some kind of streaming service as well included.

So IIRC you would be buying it through your Costco account, which gave me the confidence that I would have Costco protection if MP went sideways or something.

Anyway.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
When I signed up for Movie Pass it was $30 a month so at that point it made at least some financial sense. Not quite too good to be true then.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It should be following halftime of the game tonight. My very basic math tells me halftime should be 10:15ish tonight...7:15ish Pacific.

Fandango has movie times posted, but they're all blocked out for purchase. The AMC app has nothing.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It should be following halftime of the game tonight. My very basic math tells me halftime should be 10:15ish tonight...7:15ish Pacific.

Fandango has movie times posted, but they're all blocked out for purchase. The AMC app has nothing.

I looked at the email - I just invented the time part of it, as AMC doesn't say a specific time. I assumed! :oops:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, the nearest AMC theater to me with a Dolby Cinema theater is only showing it four times a day in that particular theater.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
On their site, the AMCs in my area have the shows and times listed but it says "Available Soon". And yes, they go on sale after the trailer airs during half time.

So much for "sales start at halftime"!

I got an email from the Smithsonian saying tickets were now on sale, and I'm glad I did, as I wouldn't have even checked for availability until 10PM or so otherwise.

Wanted the 1st IMAX showing on 12/19 and lots of seats already gobbled up. Got the end seat in the last row at the back of the room!

Well, at least I can pee whenever I want without having to climb over people! :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Some people are going to be pissed when they found out tickets were already on sale.

This happened for all the other Star Wars saga films - supposed to be halftime but switch flopped earlier. It’s not right but I knew to be prepared for it at least.

The truth is their system can’t handle having a rock solid onsale time like Ticketmaster events and I’m sure this must help them manage the load.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Got Star Wars tix through A-list for the whole family on Thursday, Dec. 19th, at 6pm in a regular theater. And then, just for myself, I have a second showing the next day in IMAX 3D, also through A-list.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Got Star Wars tix through A-list for the whole family on Thursday, Dec. 19th, at 6pm in a regular theater. And then, just for myself, I have a second showing the next day in IMAX 3D, also through A-list.

Ooh - IMAX 3D! Lucky!

Looks like neither of my local AMCs with IMAX screens have it 3D - at least not opening weekend.

Oh crud - I'm wrong! It is IMAX 3D at one of them!

I assumed it wouldn't be because the one I reserved is the one that more often has IMAX 3D, but oddly, it's 2D while the other is 3D.

Canceled my 2D order and got 3D!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This happened for all the other Star Wars saga films - supposed to be halftime but switch flopped earlier. It’s not right but I knew to be prepared for it at least.

I didn't! Like I said, if I'd not seen the email from Smithsonian, I'd still be waiting.

Doesn't look like a big deal, though - at least not for the show I ended up reserving. My original 2D IMAX was pretty close to sold out when I reserved a while back, but when I decided to try the 3D IMAX at a different location, that one's got lots of empty seats.

Which is good, because I care about seat location more for 3D than 2D. Don't mind so much being aisle seat 2D but wanna be pretty centered for 3D!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, the AMC theaters closest to me with Dolby Cinema and IMAX are not showing it in 3-D at either of those theaters. I do have a reservation for one of those 2-D IMAX showings that I'll probably end up cancelling because I'm seeing it in 3-D IMAX at another theater chain that is much closer to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks