What's new

Amber Alert (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
The boy may be difficult to distinguish from the million other kids that look like him but the barf bag suspected kidnapper should be easy enough to spot.

I think the Amber Alert System is a great invention. Unrelated to this kidnapping I think we need to change some of the Amber Alerts to Brown Alert when the kidnapping is by one of the child’s parents after a custody dispute and no threat of physical violence to the child is suspected. The alert could remain in effect to find the child but not with the same intensity as an Amber Alert.

A loving parent violating a court order by kidnapping his own child is different than some scumbag kidnapping, sexually abusing and eventually killing the child.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Guys, I know this guy looks like a freak but I really don't find this all that funny.

Somewhere out there he has this 11 year old boy and is doing who knows what to him.

It makes me cringe just to think about it. Maybe having a child has made me soft but I really feel sad for Adam.

Kevin T

Screenwriter

in case it ever happens, re-read your quote when your ex-wife takes off with your child and then let us know how intensely you want others to search for your missing son / daughter that you may never get to see again.

kevin t

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

Sad thing is this scum was in jail for the same thing and that's where his dad met him. Idiot took him in and let him care for his kid? I'm not sure how you do it but maybe the moderators could put a tab up so we could let each other know if you have an alert in your area.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
in this case, the father is an idiot!!! :angry:

who, in their right mind, would let a known sex offender take care of their kid.

stupid...just stupid!

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Incidentally, this kidnapped boy only lives about an hour away from me. It's big news on the local station.

I just saw on the local station that the dad and the suspect were in jail together where they met. The two became friends and roommates and the suspect helped the dad w/ his kid. The dad had no idea that the guy is a sex offender and despite the laws here, the suspect never registered as a sex offender. The dad even signed for the guy to pick his kid up from school as needed, because the guy never registered here as a sex offender the school or anyone else had no knowledge of his history. Because no body knew of this guy's history nobody stopped him.

The father may not be bright but it's not his fault for not knowing the guy's history. I just saw the dad on the news and he's really worried.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, if the dad didn't know the roomates history, then i semi-retract my post.

but, considering where they met (in jail for crying out loud), i would still have put some modicum of sensibility on the dad to do a little research. the dude could have been a serial killer for all he knew.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I agree with Ted. That's not the best place to get a new sitter. From what I have seen he still hasn't been found...:frowning:

Mike Brogan

Second Unit

Geez, so you're saying if the kid is found the first thing they should do is shoot his Dad? Should they do it right in front of him? Sounds a little harsh unless you're Pol Pot or Hitler.
I agree, that the Dad messeed up big time but it sounds like he was manipulated by that dirtbag cellmate of his from the start. I hope this ends well, these Amber alerts have been very effective in my area. Makes you wonder why they didn't think of them before.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
From Post #6:

If too many Amber Alerts are initiated due to a loving parent kidnapping his own child in violation of a court order then people driving down the highway responding to the alerts will feel less urgency to check license plates in search of the kidnapper. It would be like crying “Wolf!”

I don’t know the statistics but I believe that most kidnappings by parents violating court orders in custody disputes eventually result in the return of the child to the rightful parent.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Also they have found him, The molester was also found.
For once the law does something right for once. But I think if they waited much longer it would have been a different ending.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I only hope that no abuse came to the kid. I know it's a stretch but just maybe....This fruit cake will be gone for a long time now hopefully. Please somebody bust out those nasty ass teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks