What's new

Amazon Women on the Moon:Collector's Edition! (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm definitely buying this one.

"It's not too late, you can still get lucky in a bar...LIKE YOU DID LAST THURSDAY!"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Blame it on the Bossa Nova.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Just wanted to throw in my $.02 on this new release by Universal.

After Universal's problematic Meaning of Life DVD, I was crossing my fingers that a remastered Amazon would be all that it could be and...

IT'S EXCELLENT!!

What's striking is that the 16:9-enhanced 1.85:1 framing works really well (I've been used to a full-frame Amazon all these years). Sharpness is excellent, and grain is as it should be. Bitrate pegs 8-9mbps, and the image looks great on larger screens. Source element defects, dirt, etc. are as they should be (fans know what I mean by this), and I was very, VERY impressed. I meant to watch a bit of the film, but got sucked in by how good it looked and saw the whole thing. Black level, colors, contrast - all excellent. The Image Entertainment disc looks like GARBAGE in comparison - and the old disc also looks like it had a 3:2 misflagging problem. Univeral's new disc is an improvement in every respect, visually!!

Minor quibbles: some EE is present, but not too distracting (even on larger screens). And the DD 2.0 mono track doesn't have the punch of the prior disc's PCM mono mix.

Plus the extras - great set all around - time to give Universal credit where credit is due!!

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks